Agnostic.com
5 16

Growing a few weeds in my garden. This is the common Orange Hawkweed, Hieracium aurantiacum, or Fox and Cubs, for obvious reasons. It may only be a wild weed, but it does make a show.

Fernapple 9 June 12
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

2

I like it, such a plush show of blooms!

2

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2021
3

These flowers grew wild in my grandparents' home in northern Ohio. As little kids, we would pick them along with all sorts of other wildflowers. But I don't recall the flowers being quite as large as yours in the pictures. Could be a different variety. I agree with @HippieChick, "weeds" are plants where you don't want them. There are a couple weeds I either grow or would like to grow in my garden.

RussRAB Level 8 June 12, 2021

They are perhaps not quite as big as the photo makes them seem, but they do have fluffy thistledown heads of seeds as well.

5

I define weeds as any plant growing where I don't want it. I don't think these are weeds at all.

3

I love the color and visual interest.

Write Comment