Agnostic.com
3 13

Look at this! True size right in front of this single-story house I pass several times weekly, with the planting box about 2’ high, each side 5-6’ wide. I only started seeing it last summer when the leaves were fully open and flattened, then it wilted down to nothing through the winter. Like everything else around here with our record rain, it is already much bigger than last season! Does anyone have a name for this monster?

tinkercreek 8 June 13
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

Wow, the stalks almost look like the Voodoo Lily plant.

JackPedigo Level 9 June 13, 2022
3

Think of how many rhubarb pies you could make with just one of those stalks. 😉

SnowyOwl Level 8 June 13, 2022
5

I think that it is Gunnera, also known as Giant Rhubarb Though it is not edible.

Fernapple Level 9 June 13, 2022

and "giant" is putting it mildly.

I prefer 'Jurassic Rhubarb'!