Agnostic.com
3 1

LINK asked Australians if they believe in God or the supernatural. Here's what they said

All I can say is that I have no more confidence in opinion polls about Australians about any subject, whether it's politics or anything else --even if people know what they think, which i doubt, even if they tell the truth, which they usually don't. But the media like this stuff i suppose.

David1955 8 Apr 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Leaving aside that the Margin Of Error in a sample size of 1,000 with a confidence level of 95% is an acceptable 3% I have no confidence whatsoever in people being capable of determining an appropriate stance to this set of fairy stories.

Well it's a question of language too. What do people mean by a 'soul' and all that. From my experience many like to say they believe in such things as it makes them sound more 'spiritual'. All baloney.

Hey, we Aussies are widely known for our 'talent' of bullshitting when it comes to Opinion Polls and the like, are we not?
It may be just me, but I seem to be a whiff of the ScumMO and Hillsong involvement here perhaps.

Triphid Level 9 Apr 3, 2021

Wouldn't be surprised.

@David1955 Jeez mate, I bullshit to all those pollsters EXCEPT when it something important like Health Services, Public Transport needs and the like, then they get the Truth with BOTH Barrels and fully loaded as well.

"Centre For Public Christianity" indeed, how more a totally biased an Opinion Poll can one get imo.
1,000 people surveyed, how more a pre-determined result can one expect?
What did they do, hand out questionnaires at Sunday Services at a church or two OR head off to Nimbin and hand them out to the Hippie Community there at some obscure 'Weed Smoking Festival'?
FFS, have they NOT heard of telephone surveys and the FACT that almost EVERY household in Australia has telephonic communication available in one form or another?
Shit a brick, I've got a good and life-long friend who lives way, way beyond the 'Black Stump,' in the literal 'Middle of Nowhere' to be precise and we communicate regularly by both e-mail and telephone.
Where these so-called Pollsters just too bloody lazy and bone idle to do AN ACTUAL Poll?

Triphid Level 9 Apr 3, 2021

Yes, but it's the ABC who pick it up, notice. This is our ABC.

@David1955 Imo, ONCE it was OUR ABC a very very long time ago but these days it has become, imo, a tool of the Government in Power at the time.
And, at the moment the Government in Power is, imo, a mere puppet with its strings being pulled by a spineless slug controlled completely by a religious Consortium and the Big End of Town Money-makers as well.

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 429Top