Agnostic.com
2 2

Just looked at who I can vote for in the upcoming election.
It is tragic.
Most of them are CLP or some group that will support CLP to the hilt.
I don't want to put a number next to any of them but am going to have to.
I am terrified my number is going to help some nutter get in.

My choices are
Greens,
Labor,
CLP,
Liberal Democrates, (CLP lite)
One nation (CLP lite)
Great Australian Party, some interesting policies but they are on the American rampage that it is a right to carry guns.
scumbag palmer's financial fund party, (CLP lite)
two independents one of which looks acceptable the other I can not find enough information about but she was brought up by deeply xtian people (it is on her information page so must be important to her) and
some whack job party that seems to want to get rid of banks form a government bank cut ties with UK and USA and does not believe in climate change while saying that they want children in schools to learn more about science. Oh and wants to allow nuclear power plants in Australia. While they have some interesting ideas they lost me the moment they said that climate change is not real.

Budgie 8 May 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well now, I would give any party that has even the slightest hint of association, etc, etc, with either the .L.N.P., Clive, aka Lard-Arse, Palmer, the C L P, One Nation, any party that shows/exhibits leanings towards adopting/adapting American Ideologies, most DEFINITELY NO Religious/Religion based and therefore biased Party/Parties, in fact that virtually ONLY leaves us with the ALP and Albo so my vote WILL be going to the ALP for certain and NOTHING will be going to ScumMo and the Lying Narcissist Party, the LNP

Triphid Level 9 May 7, 2022

That is my problem after I hit the number 4 I have to put a vote for some sort of CLP party. It stinks as I don't want any of them in.

@Budgie Imo, vote first Labor, then ANY PARTY except anything that has the merest whiff of either Liberal or Nation Party or both but leave those lying 2 faced Scum suckers to the very last.

Yes, preferential voting has its issues, but its better than proportional and first past the post. None is perfect. I share your point. So, I'm greens for the senate, possibly greens then Labor for my seat ( it'll go Labor as a second preference anyway) and it's some kind of preference. Compared to that Yankee voting system, I'll take it anyday. The contamination of our politics by America is obvious now. They give us junk TV, junk movies, junk food, and now junk politics. They are global polluters in every sense of the term.

David1955 Level 8 May 7, 2022

@Budgie,

The only good politician is one who has been dead for 50 years or more.

Compromise is not a choice it is merely proving the stupidity & utter failure of a failed system.

@FrayedBear Geez Louise, the first, almost intelligent words you have, imo, posted in years.
What has happened, have you started taking your medications at long, long last or something?

@FrayedBear
My favourite one is
How do you tell if a politician is lying?

His lips are moving.

I get that and am glad I get to have some sort of say but to have to put a number against people I do not want in at all under any circumstances is really annoying. At least in the senate I can throw a number against the legalise marijuana party. They are not likely to get enough votes in the primary rounds and are still better bets than palmer, gap, acp, clp, ld, on which are all just liberal parties with different names.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 152 More

Posted by 1patriotThat would be a plus....

Posted by FrayedBearTime for Australia to follow suit?

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

• Top tags#Australia #video #government #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #money #media #federal #minister #religion #reason #children #DonaldTrump #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #China #evidence #Atheist #military #death #Christian #Jesus #hell #church #policy #atheism #USA #corruption #parents #vote #youtube #truth #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #advice #movies ...

Members 431Top