Agnostic.com
0 0

Navajo Baby’s First Laugh Ceremony

Obviously I don’t care about the spiritual/religious roots of this, but I love the idea of the tradition over all.

“Parents, siblings, cousins, grandparents and just about anyone who is close to the family will try their best to get that first laugh, from silly faces to tickles and everything in between...The lucky family member or friend who caused that little baby to laugh for the first time plays a very special role in the party. He or she is honored as the organizer of A’wee Chi’deedloh, the First Laugh Ceremony, where extended family and friends from all over are invited to the home to fully welcome this new life and honor his or her new family... the baby is considered the host. With the help of his or her parents, the baby ceremonially gives each guest a plate of food, rock salt and a gift bag of goodies, as tradition holds.” — [blurredbylines.com]

How cute is that?! I can’t see anything but good come from showering a baby with so much love and attention from such a young age. I bet it’s enriching to the family and community as well.

kdmom 6 Sep 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 4

Photos

Posted by kdmomNavajo Baby’s First Laugh Ceremony Obviously I don’t care about the spiritual/religious roots of this, but I love the idea of the tradition over all.

Posted by OpposingOpposumI love this.

Posted by OpposingOpposumNo big lesson or anything,I just wanted to share the cuteness of my son and great niece.

Posted by OpposingOpposumNo big lesson or anything,I just wanted to share the cuteness of my son and great niece.

• Top tags#kids #parents #teach #friends #community #Atheist #god #children #secular #religion #dogs #Bible #Christian #church #plays #siblings #tradition #liberals #mother #sex #Wisdom #book #books #wife #evolution #holiday #Christmas #religious #Catholic #Christians #Easter #divorce #Present #hope #christianity #animals #spirit #butt #sleep #coffee #hell #truth #Compassion #believer #judgement #GeorgeCarlin #video #youtube #ChristopherHitchens #empathy ...

Members 68Top