Agnostic.com
1 2

How Inuit Parents Teach Kids To Control Their Anger
March 13, 2019

Excerpts:

"When we yell at a child — or even threaten with something like 'I'm starting to get angry,' we're training the child to yell.

"In contrast, parents who control their own anger are helping their children learn to do the same.

"If you practice having a different response or a different emotion at times when you're not angry, you'll have a better chance of managing your anger in those hot-button moments.

"In a nutshell, the parent would act out what happened when the child misbehaved, including the real-life consequences of that behavior.

"The parent always had a playful, fun tone. And typically the performance starts with a question, tempting the child to misbehave."

[npr.org]

nicestuff 7 Mar 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was taught to be angry. I wish the world would adopt Inuit philosophy of child rearing.

KateOahu Level 8 May 12, 2021

Recent Visitors 6

Photos

Posted by kdmomNavajo Baby’s First Laugh Ceremony Obviously I don’t care about the spiritual/religious roots of this, but I love the idea of the tradition over all.

Posted by OpposingOpposumI love this.

Posted by OpposingOpposumNo big lesson or anything,I just wanted to share the cuteness of my son and great niece.

Posted by OpposingOpposumNo big lesson or anything,I just wanted to share the cuteness of my son and great niece.

• Top tags#kids #parents #teach #friends #community #Atheist #god #children #secular #religion #dogs #Bible #Christian #church #plays #siblings #tradition #liberals #mother #sex #Wisdom #book #books #wife #evolution #holiday #Christmas #religious #Catholic #Christians #Easter #divorce #Present #hope #christianity #animals #spirit #butt #sleep #coffee #hell #truth #Compassion #believer #judgement #GeorgeCarlin #video #youtube #ChristopherHitchens #empathy ...

Members 68Top