Agnostic.com
2 2

Naturist families are ...

snytiger6 9 Apr 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No wonder they are eating salad, I would not want to fry bacon like that.

I've cooked naked. Of course I used turkey bacon, because it doesn't splatter hardly at all when cooking, and also it is generally healthier.

Let's leave the children out of it.

Tejas Level 8 Apr 3, 2024

I think raising children with a positive body image instead of teaching them to be ashamed of their bodies, as most of society teaches kids, is a positive thing. Imagine a world where kids are taught to be totally self accepting!

@snytiger6 I think they can do that without being nude around adults. Clothes were invented tens of thousands of years ago for practical reasons. Maybe I'm just not knowledgeable about nudist culture, but I feel like it's an adult activity. I remember seeing a nude beach in Germany when I was a kid. It was weird and taboo even for a kid who didn't have any feelings of insecurity towards my body.

@Tejas When I've gone to nudist clubs and beaches, it was always the kids who seemed to be enjoi8ng running around and swimming naked the most.

Granted culturally we have been conditioned (taught) that nudity is wrong, but most of that is based in religious origins. Religion teaches us to feel guilt shame and fear about nudity, whether it is our own nudity or someone else's. Having been raised religious myself, it took me a long time to get over what I was taught and conditioned to feel. Most people never get over it, as religion has shaped a lot of our culture(s).

In my case, after leaving religion behind, it took me a while to recognize the mores religion embedded into our culture, weighed them, and when it comes to nudity, I worked though the feelings they taught me to feel so they could more easily control and manipulate me. And now, I generally respond to those who say "nudity isn't natural" with, "YOu mean, if we were meant to be naked, we'd be born that way?".

I just see being comfortable with nudity is just overcoming one more aspect of religious oppression and control over my life. I also think it is ideal if kids were/are never taught to feel guilt shame and/or fear when it comes to their own bodies.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 197 More

Posted by snytiger6Keep on streaking ...

Posted by snytiger6Naked is beautiful ...

Posted by snytiger6In search of a naturist symbol ...

Posted by snytiger6Naturist families are ...

Posted by snytiger6What happens when you sleep naked? ...

Posted by snytiger6The only thing wrong with nudity ...

Posted by snytiger6If only it were allowed ...

Posted by snytiger6No shirt, No shoes ...

Posted by snytiger6Leaving it all behind ...

Posted by snytiger6I imagine this is more feasible now that many more people work from home...

Posted by snytiger6Nudity is the most natural state ...

Posted by snytiger6Nude bowling is just so cool ...

Posted by snytiger6Freedom, Liberty ...

Posted by snytiger6If you want to be a nudist ...

Posted by snytiger6Nudists are the least judgmental group of people I have ever met.

Posted by snytiger6Being naked is ...

• Top tags#nudists #nudity #world #religious #religion #god #friends #video #laws #community #Atheist #reason #hope #hell #florida #created #holiday #society #Christian #book #youtube #guns #coffee #dream #church #hiking #Christians #weather #sex #relationship #belief #freedom #vote #racism #mormon #movies #ashamed #celebrate #agnostic #vacation #DonaldTrump #mother #Bible #VitaminD #kids #gardening #culture #faith #atheism #sleep ...

Members 216Top