Agnostic.com
5 7

Talking to friends I was told that "everything bad happens at the nude beaches / spas...from touching to sex in front of everybody."
I wonder if this way of thinking is pure ignorance or a strong rejection to their bodies.
In my 73 years (entire life) as a Nudist / Naturist I have never been touched / insulted or disrespected in a nude place.
Note: I have gone to nude beaches / spas in Argentina, Spain, Australia, N, Zealand, Canada, USA...

duchessa1 7 July 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been to nudist/ clothing optional natural hot springs in New Mexico, nothing going on, people just enjoying the soak and yes, children are there. Nothing bad at all.

I had a friend who was completely against nudism.....until her husband convinced her to go -once- to a nude resort in Connecticut. On the returning home trip she made three lists: 1) Food to get for the resort party. 2) Games to bring to the resort and 3) List of friends to contact to convince them to become nudists.

@duchessa1 I was scared my first time but when I saw it was nothing and I wanted to experience it myself, nothing bad. Another time went to a clothing optional beach in Florida, mostly men walking around nude, again nothing weird.

@michelle666gar Well, I am a nudist since babyhood I never was scareð .

@duchessa1 Good to have grown up that way.

@michelle666gar Well, I am from another country -Argentina- and we are "more European about Nudity and religion.

That's a shame. I'm sure there are still places that would not tolerate that. But a nudist spa................what do you expect?
I still think one of the best beaches I've seen is Maslin's Beach near Adelaide, a nudist beach. In a beautiful sheltered bay surrounded by limestone cliffs. We used to go there at night, no nudists around, and have big bonfires on the beach. Had to lug all the wood etc down the cliff but worth it.

puff Level 8 July 8, 2024

[live.staticflickr.com]

I don't remember the name of the beach in Sydney...but it was beautiful...the waves "filled up" a small depression on the sand near where we were; it looked lile a private nude swimming pool.

Such ignoramuses rejoice in their own willful ignorance.

anglophone Level 9 July 8, 2024

And it doesn't matter how much / hard you attempt to explain things to them....they refuse to open their ears.....the same when I tell them I am an Atheist.

How can you be sure all the people that go to these nude areas are naturists but just voyeurs or exhibitionist getting their kicks..Also it’s wrong to bring children to these places when they are not old enough to decide on their own . I know there are plenty of family nudist camps.

howdy1 Level 5 July 8, 2024

We l, my parents took me to the nude beaches when I was a baby....the same with my siblings. No, it is no wrong because the exposure helps them to decide.

I think it is healthier to grow up without body shame. I see children at nude beaches and nudist clubs. It is no big deal.

I know some think "what if there are predators who prey on children". However, nudists/naturists have a much stronger sense of community and look out for each other. I heard of an incident at a nudist club where a man showed too much interest in some young girls. The members confronted him, and drove him back out to the main highway, making clear if he was not at all welcome. However, that is the one and ONLY incident I have ever heard about at any nude place. They did put quite a scare into him as well so he'd not ever come back.

Generally, even at the public nude beaches nudists tend to look out for each other.

To each his own, but I will never understand why the hell people wanna walk around in the nude I don’t even like to walk around in the nude in my own house by myself

Is your decision...and we respect that......unfortunately, most textiles are not as understanding.

As you say, "te each his/her own". I am aware that there are some people who aren't at all comfortable beign nude to the point where they even wear a swimsuit when they shower, even if they are at home alone.

For me, clothing as two functions. It provides warmth and protection. If you don't require warmth or protection then to me wearing clothes just makes for more laundry.

I guess there is a third purpose of clothing which is to prevent offending those who fear or freak out about nudity. I am more (physically) comfortable without clothes, and it is a hassled that I have to wear clothes in order to appease others who aren't comfortable with nudity.

I do enjoy teasing the religious about it, saying "If we were meant to be naked we'd be born that way." Or something to that effect. Of course the religious were taught to feel guilt shame and fear about their own bodies rather than learning to feel comfortable in their own skin(s).

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 220 More

Posted by snytiger6Body image tip: ...

Posted by snytiger6Memories are made when ...

Posted by snytiger6Today wear a smile ...

Posted by snytiger6One day let's look at this hiding of the nude ...

Posted by snytiger6Nudity is as natural as ...

Posted by snytiger6It feels better ...

Posted by snytiger6The forest doesn't care if ...

Posted by snytiger6Experience the liberation that ...

Posted by snytiger6We know there is something therapeutic about nudity ...

Posted by snytiger6Free the body ...

Posted by snytiger6Nudists are not ...

Posted by snytiger6Being nude is not a sexual statement ...

Posted by snytiger6Living outside your comfort zone ...

Posted by snytiger6Tomorrow isn't promised ...

Posted by snytiger6I don't need therapy ...

Posted by snytiger6We are all born naked ...

• Top tags#nudists #nudity #world #religion #religious #god #friends #video #community #Atheist #laws #reason #hell #hope #florida #book #Christian #created #holiday #sex #relationship #church #society #youtube #guns #movies #mother #atheism #coffee #dream #hiking #Christians #weather #belief #memories #humans #Jesus #children #freedom #vote #racism #mormon #ashamed #celebrate #agnostic #vacation #DonaldTrump #Bible #VitaminD #kids ...

Members 220Top