Agnostic.com
7 13

Mother nature can appear cruel.
Tomato Caterpillar infested with wasp eggs.
When the wasps hatch they feed on the 'pillar.

bigpawbullets 9 Sep 23
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Post a comment Author often replies/likes Reply Author often replies/likes Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely disgustingly fascinating but I am also creeped out!

Heidi68 Level 8 Sep 23, 2020

Wow

bobwjr Level 9 Sep 23, 2020

The insect parasites are common. Sort of a real life alien for insects. There are parasite species that can also effect humans on for evidence of that just look to the WH.

JackPedigo Level 9 Sep 23, 2020

Stop that!
This is the gardening section. 😆🍷

You said it, not me (this time)

@bigpawbullets Aren't humans in the garden too? One small farm we volunteer for actually planed certain plants to attract certain insects to go after the parasitic insects.

Yep. Nature is not designed to have a heart. It is evolved. Any moral code has to be created and imposed, and that will never apply to all of nature.

For the record, I am all in favor of living by a sensible (aka humanist) moral code aimed at making the most of this life that nature has handed us.

Wow, I've never seen anything like that!

very common here.... but then I live down stream of a nuclear research lab. 😆🍷

So many parasitic relationships - how about Zombie mushrooms that turn ants into zombies?

Surfpirate Level 9 Sep 25, 2020

Anything "zombie" is always interesting. Might have to try some of those in some spaghetti sauce for my neighbors.

@bigpawbullets the mushrooms have medicinal qualities and they are quite expensive.

Write Comment