Agnostic.com
6 1

ok, I'm curious about things that i do not understand ... Scientists Have Discovered Vast Unidentified Structures Deep Inside the Earth
Scientists combed through nearly 30 years of earthquake data to probe huge and mysterious objects near the Earth's core.
[vice.com]

Philip21 8 June 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've seen a new report that suggests these are deposits from the Theia collision.

ReubenDS Level 4 June 4, 2021

Hawaii is made up of a chain of volcanoes . Volcanoes are rock , melted at excessively high temperatures , even under the ocean , creating both lava tunnels and solid mountains . So yes , there are underground areas of thicker materials than conitinents are normall constructed of .

Cast1es Level 9 Feb 3, 2021

Three cheers for curiosity. Without it, we would have neither science nor scientists.

yvilletom Level 8 June 13, 2020

Interesting article

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2020

I don't know what @yvilletom is talking about. The paper was published in Science. That's not self publishing. They aren't speculating that the structures are made by aliens or anything like that. They are just looking at the composition of the deep Earth.

@Stephanie99 Read more carefully; I didn’t say self-publish.

You brought in an aliens or anything like that connection. That is cheap innuendo.

You omitted the info This article originally appeared on VICE US.

You said They are just looking at the composition of the deep Earth.
They are using a machine learning algorithm devised by other people for other purposes to look at data produced by still other people for still other purposes.

Click on the various bar menus on VICE.COM newsletter pages as I did and you will see adverts for writers, saying they can become partners, etc.

What you read in publications whose owners publish what they think people want to read is not science; it’s opinion or speculation. Don’t believe it.

yvilletom Level 8 June 12, 2020
Write Comment