Agnostic.com
2 2

Here are my tips to women in Western countries for planning to visit India:

1. India has a lot of history and great historical monuments especially the impressive Mughal rule monuments (like the Taj Mahal) that are worth visiting
  2. India also has a lot of diversity with over 300 languages, the birthplace of 4 religions, different cuisines, clothing, landscapes, weathers, rivers, mountains, beautiful countrysides. The first three things you will notice in India on arrival are crowds, colors and uncleanliness. I am not talking about your road from the airport to hotel.
  3. Indian people in general are hospitable and welcoming
  4. The majority people in India speak English because it was a British colony for over 150 years. Each Indian speaks at least 3 language when he or she is 6 years of age (mother tongue, the national language Hindi and English), Many know more if they lived around state borders or lived in different states
  5. India is ranked as the most dangerous country for women below Somalia, Congo and Afghanistan.
  6. There is a joke in Western countries - Come for the Taj Mahal, Stay for the Rape.
  7. Insecurity for women has substantially increased since 2014 after the current prime minister Modi took over
  8. Modi himself has run away from his legal wife and has repeatedly lied about his marriage through elections including on legal election affidavits
  9. India boasts that it respects women but child marriages still happen in India, rapes are common and most go unreported because there are a huge stigma to being raped in the society. Many rape victims commit suicides
  10. India worships God Krishna whose stories are full of abusing women since childhood. Indian people teasingly call boys who stand by roadside and tease girls as “Sadak Sakhya Hari” or Roadside Krishna
  11. Recently a member of a state legislature from the ruling party was caught of raping of 9 year old lower caste girl but he denied the charge. Later the girl was killed, the court case witness was burned in the street while on the way to court, the public pressure continued for 4 years and he was forced to resign but the ruling party or the PM did not say a word about the little girl and victims who were killed
  12. Wash your hands everywhere. India is a country of spitters and nosepickers
  13. India is a land of cronies. Sycophancy is a way of life in India. India has crony judges, crony media, crony political followers. All Democratic institutions are under the government control and are independent
  14. India is called the world’s open toilet because people defecate in the open and only 49% of the country’s population has toilets in this day and age
  15. Don’t smile at men. Smiling at men only means you want them. It is considered as a nod from you
  16. Child marriages still happen India
  17. Arranged marriages are very common in India
  18. India was a home to the horrific Hindu tradition called SATI or widow burning The Practice of Sati (Widow Burning) (https://kashgar.com.au/blogs/history/the-practice-of-sati-widow-burning). It was banned in India by the Mughals and the British but it continued it was banned again in the middle of the 19th century. A few instances were reported in three Northern states in mid 1980s. Hindus gave a reason that widows jumped into dead husbands’ pyres because of the fear of being raped by the invaders but cannot explain why they tied the widows to pyres, why they broke their limbs so they could not run and why the men beat drums around the pyre so people would not hear the screams of widows as young as 6 years. That conservatism is returning to India under Modi.
  19. Don’t say India is poor and backward. People think India is a super power of the world
  20. India ranks at the bottom in every good category in the world but the government propaganda tells people that India is doing great and the prime minister Modi is very popular overseas
  21. India has more swamis (religious gurus and quacks) than it has schools or hospitals
  22. India worships Gods, rocks, humans, monkeys, snakes and everything else. Indian Hindus worship 330 Gods and continue to add more more to the list
  23. India was invaded and conquered by foreign rulers for 3,400 years including by the Greeks (Alexander), Arabs, Turkish, Mamluks, Khiljis, Tughlaks, Sayyids, Lodhis, Bahamis, Mughals, Portuguese, French, Dutch and British The majority of them were Muslim.
  24. India was ruled by a family dynasty for 73 years, the family managed to get a son in each generation elected prime minister. Now the dumbest son (Rahul Gandhi) of the family is the leader of the opposition and wants to be the prime minister
  25. India’s current prime minister Modi has fake degrees, and has run away from his legal wife which he also has denied. He is called FEKU by Indians because he lies all the time
  26. India continues to elect political dynasties who are corrupt and never retire from public office
  27. There have been huge nation looting scandals but no leader has ever been prosecuted and Indian voters never get angry
St-Sinner 9 Aug 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Will not be on my bucket list. I lived overseas in Italy. Rapes were bad enough there. (No, I wasn’t, but I was made aware.)

But if you were ever to plan, I will give you a foolproof plan and all honest, cheap transportation help. I did a 5,000 mile road trip from South to North India to cover all Mughal monuments including the Taj Mahal.

@St-Sinner amazing architecture. Still not on my list. I WAS going to go on a China tour in April...hahaha!!🤯

@EyesThatSmile

Have a fantastic trip!

@EyesThatSmile ...see you there(fingers crossed)...

A lot of very interesting items ,I personally have never wanted to travel to India but do know people and single women who have

RoyMillar Level 9 Aug 2, 2020

As a tourist if you go to your hotel, visit monuments, stay in cities, eat in restaurants and stay under lights, you will be ok. But not if you wander around in outskirts, alone, in rural areas and so on.

Thanks for the heads up

@RoyMillar
You are welcome.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 144 More

Posted by Heidi68Happy New Year everyone! A little touch of my year - here, there & everywhere pandemic style.

Posted by St-SinnerHere are my tips to women in Western countries for planning to visit India: 1.

Posted by JolantaPolice, army personnel and border force making sure that we don't absconde before we are loaded into busses taking us to 14 days quarantine.

Posted by JolantaPolice, army personnel and border force making sure that we don't absconde before we are loaded into busses taking us to 14 days quarantine.

Posted by JolantaFremantle harbour, Western Australia. Tugboat turning container ship around in harbour so it can be on its way.

Posted by JolantaFremantle harbour, Western Australia. Tugboat turning container ship around in harbour so it can be on its way.

Posted by JolantaThe Mediterranean restaurant at Vasco Da Gama. Had the most delicious food and ambiance.

Posted by JolantaThe Mediterranean restaurant at Vasco Da Gama. Had the most delicious food and ambiance.

Posted by JolantaMaking sure that the life boat is in good working order on Vasco Da Gama.

Posted by JolantaMaking sure that the life boat is in good working order on Vasco Da Gama.

Posted by JolantaOne daya Entertainment program for Vasco Da Gama. Never a dull moment.

Posted by JolantaOne daya Entertainment program for Vasco Da Gama. Never a dull moment.

Posted by JolantaPolice are making sure we don't abscond from the ship.

Posted by JolantaTying up the ship. WA, Fremantle.

Posted by JolantaTying up the ship. WA, Fremantle.

• Top tags#god #world #religious #Australia #video #hope #humans #hell #religion #vacation #friends #kids #community #dream #society #Friday #Canada #memories #Europe #relationship #hiking #NewYork #joke #cancer #DonaldTrump #wife #reason #government #Norway #death #Police #fear #cats #USA #secular #moral #believer #earth #florida #evidence #myths #fish #dogs #LMAO #architecture #coffee #animals #chinese #parents #babies ...

Members 131Top