Agnostic.com
0 0

What did everyone think about the episode of Yang Speaks that came out today? I loved it! It's always interesting to hear Ken Jeong talk about coronavirus because of his medical background. And it was so nice to hear some positive news about the pandemic.

One of my favorite parts was when Yang and Zach addressed Elon Musk's comments about opening up society. I loved that Yang wasn't afraid to respectfully disagree with Musk even though they're friendly with each other. Yang has serious brass, as I've known for quite some time.

I have to say, though, I'm not 100% in agreement with Yang and Ken Jeong that calling Coronavirus "Chinese" or "Wuhan" is racist. I'm more in the Bill Maher camp on this one Of course, it's terrible that attacks on Asians have increased lately, but I wish we had a real genuine, discussion in this country about the fact that Asian Americans do not equal the Chinese government instead of just deciding not to call the virus by the place where it originated (which is what we do with many, many other viruses). I think most Americans would be able to understand that the Chinese government has mishandled the crisis and simulteneously understand that Asian Americans are not responsible for it if someone actually challenged them to understand both these things at once. My Senator, Tammy Duckworth, faced an anti-Asian, racist comment from her opponent when she was running against him, and the media coverage of the incident brought to light that her family had been in America and serving the country for centuries, and I found that interesting. I think that's the sort of thing it would be good to talk about right now with anti-Asian bigots, instead of just shutting down the discussion.

Also I'm super excited about the announcements Yang says he has coming in the next few days!

Let me know your thoughts!

MeggieCleary 6 May 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 2

Photos

Posted by MeggieClearyYang’s new book, “Forward” comes out today.

Posted by burnhippiesforI saw a little bit of Yang's Rogan interview, and some debate clips.

• Top tags#video #democratic #book #humanity #SamHarris #media #politics #Jesus #DonaldTrump #campaign #religion #RankedChoiceVoting #voters #NewYork #tribe #friends #Socialmedia #Identity #depression #oil #drug #violence #cannabis #alcohol #church #Eden #world #80s #BernieSanders #AlFranken #money #mouse #StephenColbert #plays #technology #Mentalhealth #podcasts #tech #HillaryClinton #kinky #culture #fox #WhiteHouse #Unicorns #Asian #chinese #racist #ElonMusk #government #society ...

Members 22Top

Related Groups