Agnostic.com
2 5

Jupiter the beautiful

Hathacat 9 Aug 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jupiter, a planet on acid. never could we imagine such a beautiful world.

I went up to Carthage, IL this weekend and did some telescope observation. Found a lovely little airbnb studio space in a barn deep in the country with a beautiful super dark sky in an open field. I was able to see most of what you've been posting, though not in such great colorful detail, but still, it was absolutely awe inspiring to see with my own eyes.

Amzungu Level 8 Aug 18, 2020

Wow! How awesome! I'm in Greenville and never seem to catch any good viewing. I don't have my scope anymore, but I still like seeing what I can see, lol.

@Hathacat I am in central IL and like you, never seem to catch any good sky views. I got very lucky this weekend with a completely clear sky and a place with almost non existent light pollution. You could see the Milky Way clearly with the naked eye, tons of complete constellations and planets, and so many stars! The Perseids, although waning, were still pretty active as well. I was in my version of Heaven. 🙂

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 424 More

Posted by starwatcher-alThe occultation of Mars on the 7th.

Posted by starwatcher-alThe occultation of Mars on the 7th.

Posted by starwatcher-alSolar minimum was in 2019 so the sun is ramping up in flares, spots and prominences.

Posted by starwatcher-alI missed the early phases of the eclipse but the clouds mostly left during totality. All in all a great eclipse. Next one is Nov. 8-22

Posted by starwatcher-alI missed the early phases of the eclipse but the clouds mostly left during totality. All in all a great eclipse. Next one is Nov. 8-22

Posted by RobecologyFor those following the JWST.

Posted by AnonySchmoose The post-launch set-up of the new James Webb telescope has gone very well.

Posted by HumanistJohnImages taken with Stellina (80 mm): M33 Triangulum Galaxy M1 Crab Nebula NGC281 Pacman Nebula in Cassiopeia NGC 6992 Veil Nebula in Cygnus

Posted by HumanistJohnImages taken with Stellina (80 mm): M33 Triangulum Galaxy M1 Crab Nebula NGC281 Pacman Nebula in Cassiopeia NGC 6992 Veil Nebula in Cygnus

Posted by HumanistJohnImages taken October 2nd 2021 with Stellina 1.

Posted by starwatcher-al Did you know that you can see Venus in the daytime?

Posted by starwatcher-alOne of these days I think that I'll figure out this Nikon.

• Top tags#video #earth #moon #solar #mars #stars #planets #world #Jupiter #NASA #galaxies #astronomy #god #hope #cosmic #university #eclipse #physics #kids #einstein #religion #religious #money #evidence #movies #scientific #existence #discovery #book #created #friends #humans #ancient #death #theories #reason #asteroid #children #DonaldTrump #USA #laws #alien #community #society #evolution #parents #guns #hello #birth #California ...

Members 729Top