Agnostic.com
2 8

Don't forget the Geminid Meteor shower tonight is at it's maximum. I know, it's cold. Bundle up an get out there.

starwatcher-al 7 Dec 13
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

0

Great photo!

0

I'll stay inside, I don't want to be hit by a meteorite, again!

AGAIN? As far as I know only 1 person was ever hit by a meteor so you should be famous

@starwatcher-al It's not as cut and dry as that. I was in Japan walking through a very very wide ally between four story buildings, about fifty to seventy five yards apart. Maybe a quarter mile long. Midway a rock smacked me in the middle of my back. I looked all around, I yelled, I assumed someone threw that rock, but it would have been a hell of a hit for that distance. The rock was stony and ambient temperature. I just see nowhere else it could have come from, and it hurt when it hit.
I didn't even consider the possibility until I watched meteor men and they were talking about finding meteors on ice. They explained small meteors can break away and cool as they slow down.
I wish I had kept the rock...I was just mad someone could bean me from so far away I couldn't detect them until then.

@Willow_Wisp Wow, yeah, too bad you did not keep the rock and take it to a geologist. You could have been famous.

@starwatcher-al Weird stupid stuff happens to me all the time. I bought a lotto quick pick and forgot I had, two days later in a town two hundred miles away I bought another quick pick. They weren't winners, but they had matching numbers. Isn't that the same odds as winning, but still losing?

@desertastronomer You're an ass hole that just made my block list, which I'll do as soon as I'm fairly certain your stupid ass has read my reply.

@Willow_Wisp Gee, a girl can't even have a little fun.

@starwatcher-al It's always like that, you read your horoscope once in thirty years for the fun of it and some person with a stick up their ass has to take the fun out of it.