Agnostic.com
4 5

Managed to grab a quick photo of a redheaded woodpecker out my front window...I cropped it a lot to bring it closer...

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 Oct 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, pileated. The red-head had a really red head.

BirdMan1 Level 8 Jan 26, 2021

Pileated woodpecker. Even more impressive.

Mooolah Level 8 Oct 28, 2020

My prior home was in the woods. We were surrounded by trees and had every woodpecker native to KY there.

freeofgod Level 8 Oct 27, 2020

Nice catch. A red headed woodpecker doesn’t have a crest. That looks like a Piliated Woodpecker. Big and flys like you would think a pterodactyl would fly. So much fun to see!

I don't know birds that well....I just saw the red & grabbed my phone. I caught it between the curtains, & was careful not to startle anything. The colour isn't great even though I tried to ''doctor'' it some after cropping.

Yeah, just looked it up, & pileated is the one....shows my lousy photography....hahahaha.....

@Lilac-JadeCanada The picture wasn’t that bad... I figured it out!

@Lilac-JadeCanada Birds are hard to get a great picture of. One action I learned is that when wanting to get a picture of a bird just before it takes flight is they usually crap. I once was trying to get a picture of a Bald Eagle just as it was going to take flight from a piling in Young's Bay, got all set up, and had to wait for about half an hour before it crapped and I started taking pictures, I got it. I have to find these as most of them worked out great Will Post if I find them.

@dalefvictor Especially when trying to grab a quick photo through the window between the gap in the curtains.

@dalefvictor Interesting observation. They don't do that all the time, but, iI expect, often enough.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 18

Photos 1,015 More

Posted by FrayedBearShared from New Zealand.

Posted by FrayedBearPesticides killing birds?

Posted by FrayedBearI just had to share this!

Posted by FrayedBearIt's taken about 75 years for Australian birds & mammals to work out how to use the imported cane toads for food.

Posted by FrayedBearNo one in Victoria, Australia has heard the White Bellied Whip bird for almost 40 years. Have a listen

Posted by FrayedBearNo one in Victoria, Australia has heard the White Bellied Whip bird for almost 40 years. Have a listen

Posted by FrayedBearGodwit travels 23560 klms from Alaska to Tasmania in 13 days.

Posted by FrayedBearPeregrine falcons in Melbourne Australia live.

Posted by EyesThatSmileMore bird humor…

Posted by FrayedBearMy current house & pet sit has a new bonus.

Posted by OldGoat43 Not exactly a pretty bird, but he can fly like a pterodactyl.

Posted by InsectraA while back I posted pics of woodcock eggs in a nest.

• Top tags#birds #video #Australia #friends #religious #religion #hope #world #wife #parents #god #florida #Canada #death #reason #Song #movies #dogs #species #society #book #hell #animals #books #babies #beliefs #Atheist #culture #kids #money #relationship #religions #DonaldTrump #hello #USA #soccer #moral #NewZealand #Wisconsin #nation #mother #evidence #rescue #holy #college #children #climate #fear #earth #cats ...

Members 114Top