Agnostic.com
2 5

Found this about Frances Farmer.

She only lived a short life; Born 1913, died 1970...smoker?

She had a troubled life; was arrested and confined to mental hospitals...

And I found this in her bio...

"In the spring of 1970, Farmer was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, which was attributed to a life of heavy smoking."

[en.wikipedia.org]

Robecology 9 Sep 19
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

3

She was lobotomized. My understanding was that she had some, by today's standards, minor mental health issues. I wonder if being atheist was considered to be one of them.

piphirho Level 7 Sep 19, 2023

You made me read the bio...

...and although I didn't find "lobotomy" in there, I found this;

"In the spring of 1970, Farmer was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, which was attributed to a life of heavy smoking"...

4

Almost as good