Agnostic.com
5 6

This is my answer to religious folk who get upset about nakedness....

snytiger6 9 Sep 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Years ago.......1960s....while enjoying a "total sunbath" at a beach in Buenos Aires....an older lady approached us and said "You, ladies, are provoking our kids." To which I responded "No, dear lady, the truth is your men are getting "happy" looking at us and all of you are pissed off to no end."

The lady took her family by the hair and run away. LOL

DUCHESSA Level 8 Sep 12, 2020

Of course Adam and Eve were happily naked, until Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

So we have original sin to blame for this fixation with keeping everything covered. Also a fear of the penis that convention dictates must be covered by at least two layers of sturdy, crotched clothing at all times. And while female sexuality is considered benign, we have a victim blaming culture that holds women accountable for provoking uncontrollable sexual urges in males ("She was asking for it, wearing that short skirt." )

I don't believe many people have a problem with nudity itself. They don't mind seeing it in an art gallery or watching it on television. Offence ends up being taken based on the assumption that someone allowing themselves to be seen naked by strangers must be indulging in a form of sexual exhibitionism, which is in turn seen as a form of sexual assault on the non-consenting observer.

Excellent post.

Very pretty

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 4, 2020

She's a multi star...

What's also amazing is that people are embarrassed to see "God's creation" in the nude. I can understand being embarrassed by being seen nude by others, but embarrassed to see others?

I don't really understand being embarrassed to be seen by others.

@LimeySteve It's learned. Patenhts condition their kids to feel shame about their bodies, because they were onditioned by their parents and it all traces back to religion.

@snytiger6 Yeah, I understand all that. At some point in life, we need to question everything our parents and society programmed us with and shake off the bullshit. Shame and embarrassment are tools of control of the masses.

@LimeySteve Neither do i> I guess it has to do with the fact I was born into a nudist (for generations) family.

I said that I understand with other people feeling embarrassed by being seen nude, not that I agree with it. That being said, in a situation where someone might see me I ask if others will be offended by me being naked. It's say it's about 50/50 yes/no. And often when the answer is No, after I'm naked and everything continues as "normal", others will also join me. Having someone demonstrate that the world won't end by being seen is often all it takes.

@LimeySteve Agree. Years ago I started paying attention to my behaviors and kept asking myself "Do I want to do this or am I expected to do this?" I've managed to shed lots of cultural baggage, but stay aware of protocol so I don't offend others. If I wish to teach others I can't freak out them out first.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 45

Photos 195 More

Posted by snytiger6In search of a naturist symbol ...

Posted by snytiger6Naturist families are ...

Posted by snytiger6What happens when you sleep naked? ...

Posted by snytiger6The only thing wrong with nudity ...

Posted by snytiger6If only it were allowed ...

Posted by snytiger6No shirt, No shoes ...

Posted by snytiger6Leaving it all behind ...

Posted by snytiger6I imagine this is more feasible now that many more people work from home...

Posted by snytiger6Nudity is the most natural state ...

Posted by snytiger6Nude bowling is just so cool ...

Posted by snytiger6Freedom, Liberty ...

Posted by snytiger6If you want to be a nudist ...

Posted by snytiger6Nudists are the least judgmental group of people I have ever met.

Posted by snytiger6Being naked is ...

Posted by snytiger6Some of the best decisions are made in ...

Posted by snytiger6I am a nudist ...

• Top tags#nudists #nudity #world #religious #religion #god #friends #video #laws #community #Atheist #reason #hope #hell #florida #created #holiday #society #Christian #book #youtube #guns #coffee #dream #church #hiking #Christians #weather #sex #relationship #belief #freedom #vote #racism #mormon #movies #ashamed #celebrate #agnostic #vacation #DonaldTrump #mother #Bible #VitaminD #kids #gardening #culture #faith #atheism #sleep ...

Members 216Top