Agnostic.com
4 6

I'm a very independent introvert, and I'm very uncomfortable when I'm in a position of having to ask for help with anything. I think my friends know this about me. But when I do need help and no one has offered it, it makes me upset. And if they do offer help, it also makes me upset, and I wave them off. I think I feel in some sense that it will obligate me if I accept help from anyone.

Is this an introvert conundrum or am I just weird? Or maybe both?

Or does anyone have another possible explanation?

TheoryNumber3 8 Apr 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Micheal" (sic) who is obviously from a country other than the USA is scamming you and has changed his birthday to coincide with yours.

How do you know this?

@TheoryNumber3 apart from his diction and sucking up to you, I spose him not being a member any more is a large clue. It was obvious that he was fake from reading his profile and responses.

@waitingforgodo Strangely, I don't remember anyone named Micheal

Independence and introversion are separate traits, which of course can both be held by one person. Interaction between the two certainly strains the English language. Your independence is upsetting your introversion, maybe? You are not weird.

i like that

@TheoryNumber3 That pleases me. Thank you.

@TheoryNumber3, @michealgrins07 I had to think. I am not a Taurus. Twins.

Asking for help and feeling an obligation to repay the favor is the first step to a strong friendship.

oh I'm always happy to lend a hand... I was talking more of an emotional obligation.

Maybe it's an introvert issue because I'm the same way!

dkp93 Level 8 Apr 30, 2021

It's a relief to hear that 😉

It's kind of the same as ...... I want to be invited to the party... I just don't want to go. 🙂

@Happycanuck Exactly 🙂

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 37

Photos 850 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIntroverts. Creatures of the Night!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t ring my doorbell!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by FrostyJim...I have a lifetime membership.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyWell, that deteriorated quickly…

Posted by FrostyJim...I know how he feels!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAlmost always for sure…

• Top tags#friends #video #world #god #religion #hello #religious #hell #hope #relationship #Atheist #anxiety #money #reason #cats #truth #book #kids #dogs #introvert #Bible #children #humans #church #memes #fear #lonely #guns #wife #books #mother #Song #beliefs #laws #community #animals #sleep #Christian #Friday #movies #media #TheTruth #DonaldTrump #advice #faith #sex #parents #evidence #belief #coffee ...

Members 1,992Top

Moderators