Agnostic.com
2 2

A comment posted from a discussion on this site by Hank

This is just for you! It is an experimental layout and sequences of scientific method. Plenty such exist elsewhere but this is my effort. People are meant to say how much they understand the words FIRST and suggest better ones. It has been posted on this Science teachers group previously without much response. Still needs a lot of work

What is your reaction?

Mcflewster 8 Dec 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

#1. As I told my students for 45 years, being scientific, or performing a scientific experiment makes you a "scientist"...it's not necessarily a paid position

#2.Scientific thinking is what separates the religious from the unreligious or non-religious. To be considered atheistic or agnostic - it almost demands, and certainly goes hand-in-hand with being scientific.

Robecology Level 9 Dec 15, 2020

I believe that Mass re-education for adults and better science education in schools is the way forward to solve many of the world's problems including religion. Please show my 'This/What is science' card to as many educators as you can. The theory is that once anyone has understood the words in this cycle by verifying their own experiences of all the words { at least if they are over say7yrs) then they can try their own learning through science and "Take off in Freethought" Of course one must DO things within science for your OWN benefit before you really appreciate it and not just "Thought Experiments" although these help with the real one. Your Thoughts?

@Mcflewster Sorry; can't help you... Remember; I'm out of the loop...I retired in 2012....taught a few years in a "Charter school"...then a couple years substitute teaching...before I realized I didn't need to work at all.

@Robecology This is not about work or YOU it is about saving the world! ( from your armchair). Please just say what any of these words means to you. I know that you feel it should be done in a big money survey but so do I . Trouble is, in order to convince academics. I need, as you would, evidence that this can be tackeled on a small scale first and with EVERY type of person attempting it . The real research will be much better based on preliminary trials

@Mcflewster I love your enthusiasm...but I guess you could say I've become staid and complacent....I see the levels of pollution rising. I see the population growing. I see America getting stupider and more religious. I get depressed trying to find words or ways to express my anger and frustration...I'm even blocked from Facebook for a few days for a contentious post I made. Sorry, David...as a demographer, I don't see a good future for Homo sapiens.

Not a bad thing...I just see us becoming extinct soon. NBD...the earth will breathe a sigh of relief. The evolutionary clock will reset back a few million - to tens of millions of years back..and will re-start finding a "civilized being"/

@Robecology" I don't see a good future for Homo sapiens" this is SAD. If you think that religion cannot be wiped out slowly and definitely [eventually] , please keep faith in Humanity and join us sloggers again!. Science can do so much to clear bad thinking and FALSE news.

@Robecology I actually agree with you about the extinction but not for a VERY very long time and NOT without many years of warning thanks to Science . Have Faith ( it does exist but is useless in old writings, myths and tales .

Please Comment on the suitability for YOU of all or any of the words words[agnostic.com]

Mcflewster Level 8 Dec 15, 2020

Recent Visitors 5

Photos 21 More

Posted by McfluwsterMy new year's gift to promoite the best creative science and hence improve the rest of your life, but you have to engage with these sentences to get their ...

Posted by McfluwsterThis is the way to imrove your life through science education of YOURSELF.

Posted by McflewsterSeveral ways of encouraging science that works .

Posted by McflewsterHow many of you have had this kind of experience on Christmas or any other day?

Posted by McflewsterIs this true? Were you experimentally dangerous when young?

Posted by McflewsterA comment posted from a discussion on this site by Hank This is just for you! It is an experimental layout and sequences of scientific method.

Posted by Mcflewster COMPARING THE EFFICIENCY OF FACE MASKS The N95 is different with and without a valve It does not protect other people because it lets out unfiltered air.

Posted by McflewsterJust a reminder

Posted by McflewsterHelpful and really interesting on covid transmission risk in different indoor/outdoor situations.

Posted by McflewsterI am at this instant attending the American Humanist conference Wish I had thought of this name first (below) [happy-science.org] [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterTo see the way ahead on your journey [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterHow science leads to Humanism [youtu.be] [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterLast night I watched a video presentation introducing me to the work of Ask For Evidence.

Posted by McflewsterLast night I watched a video presentation introducing me to the work of Ask For Evidence.

Posted by McflewsterPlease help me to convince people that COMMON SENSE IS NOT THE SAME THING AS SCIENCE.

Posted by McflewsterThis is an appeal for graphic help by way of memes for campaigning.

• Top tags#video #teacher #scientific #teachers #world #children #religion #religious #hope #schools #society #friends #truth #agnostic #evidence #teach #TheTruth #theories #Exercise #discovery #magic #Freespeech #Catholic #Atheist #Police #kids #humans #DonaldTrump #god #Present #Christmas #parents #evolution #Hobbies #Christian #Humanist #violence #birth #BBC #lonely #media #guns #dogs #book #money #Darwin #CharlesDarwins #politicians #prayer #relationship ...

Members 34Top