Agnostic.com
3 7

Anyone here like the paint pour fad? I love it. I've always been attracted to random colorfullness. I'm very new at it, but I pulled my grandkids into the maiden voyage and here are some of the results. Super fun, the kids loved it. Cover everything in plastic first....πŸ˜‰

Freespirit64 8 Oct 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Post a comment Author often replies/likes Reply Author often replies/likes Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a friend who has a full wall of pour paintings. I had the joy of trying lsd for the first time at her house. Those paintings gave me hours of joy!!

Now those are the stories I wanna hear. That's awesome.

@Freespirit64 I spent SO much time staring at the artwork and watching the colors run! I can't wait to learn how to make my own poured paintings!

@JenBeberstein It's really fun. Show us your work later!

I've been wanting to try it but the materials are a little too pricey for me currently. Yours turned out great.

Kynlei Level 8 Oct 1, 2020

So I'm a tightwad and I hear you. But consider this; craft paint is usually right at a dollar and using a little water and Elmer's all purpose glue is a cheap version and produces the results you see here. If you want the cells, just put a couple drops of silicone or hair oil, like Moroccan hair oil into your colors. I did get lucky, finding a box of canvas covered boards with which to experiment. They did warp a bit with all the paint, but once dry, I just flattened them with a few heavy books. Here is the ratio I used...

@Freespirit64 Awesome, thank you. I was under the impression that using water wouldn't work. Actual pouring medium like Floetrol is what's pricey. I have the paints and small canvases already. Might give it a try. 😁

@Kynlei I'm looking forward to seeing your efforts.
Remember to not use the school glue. It must be the regular kind. Something about the school glue messes it up.

explain please...technique can be used on.....

Basically; acrylic paint diluted to a thinner consistency with various mediums, layered into a cup or cups and poured over a canvas:

@Freespirit64
Interesting!! I like ALL the ones you posted much better than the one in the video.
I can’t decide which is my favorite!!! 😁

@Freespirit64 ...THANX FOR THAT.....CHECK OUT...J and J Spirit Pots on fb. I need to try this....again...thankya

@StarvingArtist It's really fun, letting the colors do what they want with gentle direction from the artist. It's quite fascinating, actually! Try it!