Agnostic.com
1 0

The hardest part of dog companionship is the older ones. I have an 11.5 yo and he's gorgeous, came from top German lines in the US a working dog. He used to chase tennis balls I bounced off the wall and jumped to catch. The jumping after a yr caused back disc problems nothing to be done.
But now he's older and back end wobbles when he walks and he wears a diaper in the house. If he uses it I make him sleep on the porch that night. I hate the smell when I wake up. He knows how pissed I get yet continues. Yesterday after he went, I was on the computer and smelled crap, turned around and he was struggling to get off the foam bed he was on cuz he crapped on it. Happily they're all covered with blankets and towels. He slept outside last night, cuz no diaper that time.
I'm at a cross road of what to do with him. On walks he lags behind, legs aren't moving fast enough to keep up and I've got back issues there's no way I'm walking too fast. I almost had him PTS a couple weeks ago due to the crapping, it's like he doesn't know. I guess when he walks away from food it will be the end. I don't know what else to do.
At 5am my 6 yo let out a blood curdling scream. She was fine, nightmare? So at 5 they all went into the fenced area so I could catch up on sleep. Still wondering WTF she dreamt.

K9Kohle789 8 Aug 23
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's time to be merciful, I know it's hard, I've had to do it.

Theresa_N Level 8 Aug 23, 2020

You have a great deal of sympathy from me. No one can convince me that dogs are not superior to people. They have all the qualities a solitary human being needs, except for being a sexual partner, which I have no need for at this time.

Recent Visitors 4

Photos 34 More

Posted by K9Kohle789I have wondered how many dogs are camera shy because I had a foster pup that I could only get pix of her running away from the camera and hiding behind a tree.

Posted by K9Kohle789I have wondered how many dogs are camera shy because I had a foster pup that I could only get pix of her running away from the camera and hiding behind a tree.

Posted by K9Kohle789A lot of people don't know about all the different types of German shepherds there are.

Posted by K9Kohle789A lot of people don't know about all the different types of German shepherds there are.

Posted by K9Kohle789The land shark has learned how to pop open the garbage lid.

Posted by K9Kohle789Well Jet is a little mischief maker.

Posted by K9Kohle789Well Jet is a little mischief maker.

Posted by K9Kohle789This is the puppy.

Posted by Kempster45Degenerative Myelopathy Anyone here ever deal with this in their dog?

Posted by LorajayMy precious Rickie was cremated 3 years ago and now resides in the urn pictured.

Posted by LorajayMy precious Rickie was cremated 3 years ago and now resides in the urn pictured.

Posted by K9Kohle789I've wanted to write a book on all I know about dogs and ownership, puppy mills, training, breeders, shelters, etc.

Posted by K9Kohle789I've wanted to write a book on all I know about dogs and ownership, puppy mills, training, breeders, shelters, etc.

• Top tags#dogs #reason #puppy #animals #sleep #hope #money #rescue #god #teach #cats #cancer #fear #movies #laws #parents #pets #anxiety #drinking #religion #video #mother #disease #children #society #death #humans #WTF #soul #religious #guns #worship #suicide #USA #separation #earth #Bible #book #fox #hospital #kids #world #existence #Israel #wife #wolves #evidence #California #limit #genetic ...

Members 21Top