Agnostic.com
1 2

Ok so I get a shepherd pup, was about 4 mos so not much to work with and no training. He thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. He refuses to be pet on his head (a dominance thing) so I pet his head all the damn time and tell him he's a good boy. Still not working well-just a bit better. He is the least pliable, or trainable dog I have ever owned. On walks he goes bonkers over cats
He actually thinks he owns a room and if Leela is trying for a nap he has no problem walking over and lying down on her, That's right ON her.
When he's excited he bite/nips her face, ears and feet. Usually this is his pre-going out behavior. I'm now a huge believer in NILIF (nothing in life is free). He has to work for everything. He's treat motivated. Want to go out? Stop jumping around like you've hit the 40 billion powerball. SIT for getting outside, his biting reminds me of a FB meme "2 guys in chairs laughing falling out of chairs, "how long does it take to stop your shepherd from biting?" I won't take a ball from him, he wants me to throw it he has to drop it. Feeding time? SIT first pal!
On walks he's an unfriendly nightmare. I work out arms mostly, if I wanted to I could pick him up and throw him to Dallas, meantime he's on a prong collar and gets "sit and treat' when we see a dog outside. He's very intent on flipping his lid at dogs. He also went thru -bark aggressively at people-I have now cured that; mostly. He will take the treat from a child (they ALL want to pet him) and after the treat he barks at them. It's become less and less with work.
He is a work in progress. His best treats to work for are hotdogs and cheese.
All this aggression and pushiness and the wimp won't go out back until the light turns on-is movement activated. Scaredy cat. And his aggression is fear motivated.

K9Kohle789 8 Oct 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've never heard about naughty sheepdogs. I hope, over time, you'll dominate your dog because an adult animal will be completely uncontrollable. Some hunting breeds are harmful or too aristocratic. I can imagine openings with them, but not with a sheepdog.
My parents have three dachshunds. My dad was strict even for me, so I was sure that he'd make these puppies very obedient and intelligent. He studied dachshund puppy training treats and started training when the puppies were 4-5 months old. It worked because the training he chose suited this breed. Try to search for info about sheepdogs training.

Hasbeck Level 4 Jan 13, 2023

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 34 More

Posted by K9Kohle789I have wondered how many dogs are camera shy because I had a foster pup that I could only get pix of her running away from the camera and hiding behind a tree.

Posted by K9Kohle789I have wondered how many dogs are camera shy because I had a foster pup that I could only get pix of her running away from the camera and hiding behind a tree.

Posted by K9Kohle789A lot of people don't know about all the different types of German shepherds there are.

Posted by K9Kohle789A lot of people don't know about all the different types of German shepherds there are.

Posted by K9Kohle789The land shark has learned how to pop open the garbage lid.

Posted by K9Kohle789Well Jet is a little mischief maker.

Posted by K9Kohle789Well Jet is a little mischief maker.

Posted by K9Kohle789This is the puppy.

Posted by Kempster45Degenerative Myelopathy Anyone here ever deal with this in their dog?

Posted by LorajayMy precious Rickie was cremated 3 years ago and now resides in the urn pictured.

Posted by LorajayMy precious Rickie was cremated 3 years ago and now resides in the urn pictured.

Posted by K9Kohle789I've wanted to write a book on all I know about dogs and ownership, puppy mills, training, breeders, shelters, etc.

Posted by K9Kohle789I've wanted to write a book on all I know about dogs and ownership, puppy mills, training, breeders, shelters, etc.

• Top tags#dogs #reason #puppy #animals #sleep #hope #money #rescue #god #teach #cats #cancer #fear #movies #laws #parents #pets #anxiety #drinking #religion #video #mother #disease #children #society #death #humans #WTF #soul #religious #guns #worship #suicide #USA #separation #earth #Bible #book #fox #hospital #kids #world #existence #Israel #wife #wolves #evidence #California #limit #genetic ...

Members 21Top