Agnostic.com
2 1

Hiking and camping around my town (Øvre Årdal) in preparation for a bigger trip.
Testing the equipment, tents, weight on the backpacks etc.

Pedrohbds 7 June 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had to look up your town (of course). Is that a big hydroelectric damn above you ? Looks huge.
Where is your bigger trip going?

CallMeDave Level 8 June 21, 2020

[komoot.com]

Yes, the big lakes on the mountains are reservoirs for a hydroelectric plant.
But the lake in the end of the village is Årdalsvatnet and is a natural lake, a part of the fjord that was at some point in the past was closed (and formed the place where other village of the komune is now)

The map i sent was the one on the photos.
The bigger one will be a 2 weeks ride with some friends doing 5 famous hikes in n Norway.
Some of them are day trips, some of them will need camping, the sixth one is to a pub in the only "big city" we will pass by.

Beautiful area but ... it looks a tiny bit cold!

Heidi68 Level 8 June 21, 2020

I made the whole hike with a sleeveless t-shirt and shorts the sun was nice the whole trip.
After sun was gone (around 21.00) we put some woolen clothes and went inside tent (wind and rain).
The next day I went on hiking trousers and used a jacket when the rain came or to walk close to a waterfall.

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 768 More

Posted by CallMeDaveFlowers are still emerging, and mosquitoes too.

Posted by CallMeDaveI've never been a big wildflower person, but this is the season for it here in Appalachia. Other people can identify every variety. I'm not there yet.

Posted by CallMeDaveI've never been a big wildflower person, but this is the season for it here in Appalachia. Other people can identify every variety. I'm not there yet.

Posted by xen0catI started getting into kayaking last year; I have a couple of folding kayaks (Oru brand) that I try to take out in summer months. eastern panhandle of WV area.

Posted by CallMeDaveWhere the turkey crossed the road

Posted by CallMeDaveFrom 1931 to 1953 the Appalachain Trail took an entirely different route through SW Virginia.

Posted by CallMeDaveFrom 1931 to 1953 the Appalachain Trail took an entirely different route through SW Virginia.

Posted by CallMeDaveI hiked over the dunes the morning (OBX)

Posted by CallMeDaveI hiked over the dunes the morning (OBX)

Posted by CallMeDaveHeart pine.

Posted by CallMeDaveNorth Mountain hike with a big crew from Appalachian Trail Club. 15 hikers. 12 miles. (I post mostly so this group doesn't go defunct)

Posted by CallMeDaveNorth Mountain hike with a big crew from Appalachian Trail Club. 15 hikers. 12 miles. (I post mostly so this group doesn't go defunct)

• Top tags#hiking #friends #god #religion #flowers #religious #video #hope #weather #Atheist #dogs #world #hello #kids #coffee #book #reason #animals #community #relationship #parents #children #church #rain #Texas #money #hell #Jesus #atheism #Friday #earth #agnostic #books #California #college #government #humans #laws #Christmas #shoes #belief #Exercise #religions #evil #evidence #cars #Christians #Shopping #advice #Norway ...

Members 356Top