Agnostic.com
0 1

Westworld on dvd. Love me some Thandie Newton. The show is, of course, a variation on a theme that has been with us quite a while, going back at least to Frankenstein, maybe to the golem or further: If man creates a being in his own image, thus taking on a prerogative that is god’s and god’s alone, he does so at his own great peril. But why now? Well, why then? There seems to have been a notion in the European zeitgeist when Mary Shelley was living, and modern science was still fairly young, that men were trying to go to places where men ought not to go. Now? Well, shit. Looks as if that notion had some truth to it, not in terms of science per se, but technology and the “white man’s burden” to rape the planet. And I guess there’s some anxiety these days about AI.

AlanCliffe 6 Aug 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 12

Photos

Posted by JettyPerspective

Posted by PontifexMarximusWhy Evolution Is True … I never realised that there was still so much opposition to science. [livescience.com]

Posted by NR92What is the reason to live? What are we living for?

Posted by NR92Is it correct that Nietzsche was Hitler's inspiration?

Posted by mzeeWhat is fear?

Posted by DonaldHRobertsThe Most Complicated question ever asked. WHY?

Posted by TheMiddleWayRussel, the greatest salesman the world has ever known!

• Top tags#philosophy #world #god #truth #video #religion #book #laws #reason #humans #religious #moral #atheism #money #belief #death #Atheist #beliefs #evidence #friends #Christian #Bible #humanity #faith #DonaldTrump #TheTruth #scientific #USA #fear #hope #culture #books #morality #earth #freedom #Wisdom #media #imagination #tradition #existence #university #hello #society #rape #government #ethics #politics #children #created #wife ...

Members 437Top

Moderators