Agnostic.com
2 15

It's a drag...

UrsiMajor 8 May 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know. Even in our village, the parish council funded a security fence around the school, but it is nothing like high enough, I still think the little monsters can climb out.

Fernapple Level 9 May 18, 2021

I'd worry that they'd be confused. They probably don't have the life experience to perceive that women are being mocked, so that part might be OK...

racocn8 Level 9 May 17, 2021

Women are Not "being mocked" by drag queens, not at all...they are expressing to the Nth power what society thinks women should be/act/look liIn! (at all times....no curlers or robes, ever!).
I find them fascinating, and greatly admire the amount of time & hard work they put in!

@AnneWimsey How is the over-the-top exaggeration of how women dress not mocking them?

@racocn8 no, again, it's taking to the ultimate degree what rich society (men) would prefer women be like 100% of the time!
It is mocking societal expectations Plus having a good time! Using old-fashioned virtues like hard work, imagination, inventiveness, creativity. Very,very,very few women ever dress like a drag queen does, right?

@AnneWimsey I agree that women rarely dress like drag queens. When they do, it's likely been for some dress-up musical number. And I am willing to suspend judgement that drag queens are consciously mocking women. I would point out that when people engage in caricature and exaggeration, that process is often interpreted as derisive and mocking of its subject. I only suspend judgement because it is unclear to me why transvestites would seek to mock women. (Not to say it isn't happening, just saying the motive is not apparent). I don't agree that men would like their women to be like that more than 5% of the time, certainly nothing like 100%.

@racocn8 watch some Kardashians, Housewives of Wherever......now There is some mocking of real women! Buncha women grooming, dressing, spending their entire time (including plenty of plastic surgery!l so they can still qualify as Trophy Wives....otherwise, out! & on to the next.....

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 198 More

Posted by MacStrikerWhen being selfish is better than being selfless...

Posted by MacStriker"Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart."

Posted by MacStrikerWhen people with kids say "they are an investment!" (as if it's a positive thing), this is what comes to mind...

Posted by MacStrikerA book club that only allows ONE book, seems kinda narrow...

Posted by MacStrikerKids = Party Poopers (literally)

Posted by MacStrikerNone is better than one!

Posted by MacStrikerThose Ungrateful Crotch-Goblins!

Posted by MacStrikerI'm not saying it's right, but i understand the sentiments of the reply...

Posted by MacStriker"... it's a peaceful life..."

Posted by JGalA little late but still applies every day.

Posted by MacStrikerAll the crotch goblins giving a breather to their breeders for most of the day. SerenityNow!

Posted by UrsiMajorWell, I guess this beats a pregnancy positive.

Posted by KojaksmomIt might work!

Posted by UrsiMajorYou're welcome

Posted by MacStrikerThe struggle is real

Posted by Tejas0123456789

• Top tags#kids #children #parents #friends #world #hope #sex #video #mother #babies #cats #religious #religion #hell #god #birth #death #atheism #dogs #society #memes #truth #reason #church #hello #community #bullshit #movies #Christian #Bible #comic #humans #existence #relationship #book #evidence #pregnancy #smoke #midwest #wife #government #addiction #population #money #empathy #Atheist #agnostic #animals #fox #cancer ...

Members 255Top