2 3

[wltribune.com]

VIDEO: How the Mormon church ‘help line’ hid child sex abuse
1 survivor endured abuse for 7 more years after reporting abuse

ASSOCIATED PRESSAug. 8, 2022 12:28 p.m.

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 Aug 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This link is to an article I read during my exit from Mormonism. The story was particulatly vile because it illustrates Mormon thinking that put children and others at risk from predators. The molester had confessed and repented so those who knew his history would not reveal this history even when it allowed the molester access to a child. It's the kind of BS this religion (and others with similar doctrines and traditions) are subject to. This is why the Mormon church filed a Friends of the Court brief defending the Catholic church during the latter's sex abuse scandals of the last decade or so.
[lanternproject.org.uk]

RussRAB Level 8 Aug 9, 2022

I was born into it, but I don't recall ever believing. Now I've been out of it since age 17, & have not regretted it one bit.

Yes this is horrific.
It seems the "help line" was not for victims at all, but to "advise" or rather order bishops and stake presidents on how to "deal" with allegations.
I have read of one case on Ex-Mormon reddit where a woman complained she was assaulted by her bishop to the help line and was excommunicated for allowing herself to unchaste and for tempting the bishop in to conduct unbecoming by wearing immodest and inappropriate clothing to church.

They are a fucking nightmare, and about to be curried under a blizzard of litigation for people who thanks to the AP now know they are not alone, apparently even Rusty the prophet is under investigation for alleged historical abuse.

It's rampant in all of them, some more publicised than others, but rampant all the same. Not to mention....blame the victim.....as usual.

Recent Visitors 6

Photos 74 More

Posted by CManSo Very True

Posted by LenHazell53Anyone else know this?

Posted by CManQuestion: Why are the mormon$ allowed to build & operate ca$ino$ in residential neighborhoods? Answer: Because the house always wins!!!

Posted by LenHazell53While mourning the deaths at Colorado Springs park to honor five people killed and 17 wounded in a weekend shooting at a gay nightclub.

Posted by snytiger6Just as I thought...

Posted by snytiger6LMAO... Help me Joseph Smith...

Posted by snytiger6The desert quadrillogy.

Posted by snytiger6An apt description.

Posted by snytiger6Missionary positions...

Posted by snytiger6Sadly, I was raised Mormon...

Posted by LenHazell53LDS opens new incontinent "men only" old folks rest home in SLC

Posted by LenHazell53Proof that Mormons really are special

Posted by LenHazell53And Why is President Nelson Scrooge McDuck evicting people at Christmas? To build yet another Temple in Utah that no one wants or needs. These bastards just get worse and worse [fox13now.com]

Posted by CManHappy conference weekend

Posted by LenHazell53Saw this on reddit, sums things up quite well I thought

Posted by BestWithoutGodsMy personal evolution.

• Top tags#church #mormon #video #god #Jesus #religion #world #sex #children #faith #religious #book #marriage #parents #Atheist #books #friends #kids #magic #reason #hope #gay #wife #JesusChrist #evil #government #money #death #rights #fear #fairy #laws #media #dogs #murder #USA #Canada #pray #guns #disease #hello #evolution #prayer #earth #truth #suicide #politics #freedom #animals #Australia ...

Members 90Top