Agnostic.com
11 7

Which synonym for "introvert" describes you best?

I take issue with the word "shy". I am not shy at all. I just prefer to keep my interactions as brief as possible!
[merriam-webster.com]

TheoryNumber3 8 Mar 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think all these terms are denigrating. I prefer to think of myself as socially self-limiting. I can only take so much frivolity.

Not shy. Just need time to be alone and recharge after interactions. Last weekend, had a wedding Friday and a Lions Convention Saturday and Sunday. I spent Monday very quietly. I can get out there with no trouble at all for short periods of time.

I truly despise when the term "lone wolf" to describe some troubled gun nut. I am a lone wolf & do not attack people just as threatened American wolves do not.

Mooolah Level 8 Mar 27, 2022

I only need more me time than other people.

None of those! I'd say I'm more introspective, comfortable with being alone with my own thoughts or quietly learning about others.

I'm discerning or particular as to where and with whom I spend my time, preferring my own company to being bored or in uncomfortable surroundings. If I'm "aloof, taciturn, cool, etc.," like in the synonym list, I usually have a good reason and that's how I communicate that.

I'm quite warm, welcoming and interactive when I'm comfortable with the people and my surroundings, but I interact sparingly, and then enjoy recovering from all that socializing by laying low alone for a while afterward.

Julie808 Level 8 Mar 26, 2022

As introverts, we all have our differences, but I think our one main commonality is that people are EXHAUSTING!!!

Hermit

Recluse

loner

TheDoubter Level 9 Mar 26, 2022

I would pick a few, but the single synonym with be, Self Observant.

Reignmond Level 7 Mar 26, 2022

Wow! None of them. I don’t like to go out much but when I do, I can either be the life of the party or a wallflower based on mood. I am always the first to laugh or dance, however as an empath, I find having a lot of people around me draining. There can be hundreds of people around and I’m always the one strangers pick to ask for advice or directions. When I was in high school, my friends’ mothers would say they could go out if they were going with me because I had a good heart and good head on my shoulders. I guess I did keep them safe.

I'm friendly, but I'm not as proactive nor spontaneous as you. I also find that strangers want to tell me all their problems and ask me for advice.

@Garban That's a term I'm not familiar with. How would you define it in this context?

@Garban interesting description. I was dating a narcissistic senior engineer at Fortune 100 company who wanted to be a Harley dude. He took me to a motorcycle club charity fundraiser as arm candy and basically ignored me. The place was filled with tattoos, piercings, leather, long beards, etc. I stood out like a sore thumb. There was a really good band that was playing all my favorite 80s songs but nobody was dancing. I got up, stood in front of band and started dancing by myself. Another woman came up immediately and tapped my shoulder and started dancing with me. Within a song or two, I was in the middle of a mob of women, 90% of those present, dancing and laughing. We were out there until the band took a break, maybe an hour. I don’t know if that’s introvert behavior but example of my style.

@Garban Bingo. That' makes sense!! I was reading it as CONtent rather than conTENT

I always thought of myself as an introvert, but I really enjoy being around people and socializing. I sometimes may be more engaged with a group or sometimes quiet and listening. I am more an extrovert who is sometimes aloof.

Sierra4 Level 8 Mar 26, 2022

I often find I feel like I am among aliens. But I am not shy.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 42

Photos 856 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyOne below triggered me…

Posted by FrostyJim...works for me?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFollow me for more tips…😎

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMe too, me too!

Posted by TheoryNumber3In honor of Eclipse Day.....

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI’m perfectly happy so must be something wrong…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIntroverts. Creatures of the Night!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t ring my doorbell!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by FrostyJim...I have a lifetime membership.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

• Top tags#friends #video #world #religion #god #hello #religious #hell #hope #relationship #Atheist #anxiety #money #reason #cats #truth #book #kids #dogs #introvert #Bible #children #humans #church #memes #fear #lonely #guns #wife #books #mother #Song #beliefs #laws #DonaldTrump #community #animals #sleep #Christian #Friday #movies #media #TheTruth #advice #faith #sex #parents #evidence #belief #coffee ...

Members 1,996Top

Moderators