Agnostic.com
2 0

I have just activated an account with TD Ameritrade and have my first small trade in the works.
I will likely be on the steep part of the learning curve for a while. I have a bit of cash sitting in the bank doing nothing, so I might as well put some of it into play.

BDair 8 Oct 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So far so good. I'm starting our with low budget Cannabis stocks. They can be pretty volatile, and I usually go for long term investments, but they are at a low now so it it may be a good time to get in.

BDair Level 8 Oct 20, 2020

Toying with Cannabis stocks is paying off at the moment.

funny. i've been with TD in canada for 30+ yrs. before i had an on-line account we had to trade by phone & i remember trades costing $60+. after on-line started the cost went steadily down until it stopped at $9.99, 10+ yrs ago. we don't get free trades like you do in the US. of course they're not really free.
here's the funny thing. my best year ever was up 47% when i was paying the high commissions. so don't fall into the trap that just bc trading is cheap/free you can trade more often & make up for mistakes. just doesn't work that way.

I traded stocks many years ago, with stock brokers calling me with frequent recommendations and basically 'churning' my account with constant buying and selling. Racking up commissions. If I had held onto some of the purchases that were sold off to purchase the next sure thing, I would have done much better. I have only invested in mutual funds since.

@BDair , i mostly stick to MFs, ETFs.

Recent Visitors 4

Photos

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by PinkyandtheBrainGood correction. I actually consulted with a lot of people.

• Top tags#Stocks #money #Stockmarket #Investing #tech #video #hope #children #NikolaTesla #DonaldTrump #earth #world #China #technology #faith #kids #reason #hell #media #god #cars #Friday #friends #federal #vote #book #Atheist #apple #holiday #created #computers #millenials #church #Netflix #Generations #laws #Song #death #dying #republicans #advice #religion #Texas #sex #Socialmedia #humor #dollar #simulation #religious #belief ...

Members 62Top