Agnostic.com
1 0

Shareholder Activism, ESG, Divestment, and Right Wing Media Insurrection Encouragement

Hi - I think this is a case of Emperor's New Clothes. Does anyone know of any funds of equities, or shareholder activism organizations, that are acting in some way (management at voting and meetings, divestment, shorting, other) to hold management accountable at major media organizations that have been providing platforms to those right wing media voices who

• encouraged or tacitly condoned the January 6 insurrection
  • in some clear way have been spreading falsehood (such as by engaging in the lie that the election returns are not valid).

There are so many folks around the world who have been engaged in claimed virtues as to helping build and research "ESG" investments, and other claimed investment products with some moral approach, and yet, here we are, and arguably a black and white preventable horror of our investment lifetimes has taken place culminating in an honest-to-goodness broad-daylight attempt to end the rule of law in the US (not only on January 6, but ongoing, with attempts to call the election results into doubt and attempts to end fair elections in the US), and yet what is happening on this front, to bring immediate and effective pressure to bear on management at the media companies that have figured prominently in providing radio and TV spots to those voices who are the most guilty of promulgating the lies?

kmaz 7 May 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is this about the Robinhood scandle ?

Cast1es Level 9 May 12, 2021

No, thanks, I didn't pay attention to that.

This is about ESG investing (Environmental, Social, Governance). In theory this trend in investing allows investors to get behind causes they can agree with, with a moral element. These include gender diversity in hiring, investing for action on climate change, investing to remove management which engages in fraudulent activity, and many other causes.

I am essentially saying that I think one of the biggest causes of our lifetimes, that I would have thought would have landed on the screens of millions of ESG investors, seems to be falling through the cracks. Now, we can understand that the issue may be labeled as "political" and so ESG data professionals and fund managers may say that it is outside their scope. I'm saying that this may be, but this begs the question of "whose scope does it fall within"?

Recent Visitors 6

Photos

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by PinkyandtheBrainGood correction. I actually consulted with a lot of people.

• Top tags#Stocks #money #Stockmarket #Investing #tech #video #hope #children #NikolaTesla #DonaldTrump #earth #world #China #technology #faith #kids #reason #hell #media #god #cars #Friday #friends #federal #vote #book #Atheist #apple #holiday #created #computers #millenials #church #Netflix #Generations #laws #Song #death #dying #republicans #advice #religion #Texas #sex #Socialmedia #humor #dollar #simulation #religious #belief ...

Members 62Top