Agnostic.com
0 2

I lived in Iowa years ago, but remember the caucus season well. I can't think of a more disturbing caucus for freethinkers than this one.

Donald Trump has assembled a group of 302 Christian Nationalist preachers and pastors into a group he calls the Iowa Faith Leader Coalition.

Campaigning by leaders of tax-exempt churches is itself a violation of the law, of course, especially given that these leaders are announcing their endorsements of Donald Trump in their identities as church leaders. Some of them are even acting as caucus captains for Trump.

Only one journalist, writing for Raw Story, has done any substantial reporting on the Iowa Faith Leader Coalition. We can't wait for the newspapers to do the work. Given what's at stake, we need to do it ourselves.

I have begun a project to investigate who the members of the Iowa Faith Leader Coalition are, and to talk about their radical beliefs and political activities. I have created a web site for this project at IowaFaithLeaderCoalition.com in order to share the information that I've found.

I also have started a podcast about the Iowa Faith Leader Coalition to get the information out in another format. It's called simply On the Iowa Faith Leader Coalition, and it's available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify (the Spotify link is still resolving in their system but will be up by the end of the afternoon).

So far, I'm about 1/6 of the way through the list of 302 "faith leaders" supporting Trump.

I'm asking for your help, if you can give it.

If you have relevant information about any of the Iowa Trump preachers on this list, please let get in touch to share this information.

Also, you have a web site, please give a link to the project web site and to the podcast, to help get the information out to as many Iowa voters as possible before the caucuses, which are on January 15.

If you can rate and review the podcast, that would be great.

Finally, if you have any feedback or ideas about what to do to make this project more useful, I'd love to hear what you have to say.

I'll also post this in a more general politics group here on Agnostic, but as always, Iowa is the place to start.

Thanks!

CliffordCook 6 Dec 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 10

Photos

Posted by CliffordCookJust before the movie Civil War came out in cinemas, Trump supporter ([iowafaithleadercoalition.

Posted by CliffordCookI lived in Iowa years ago, but remember the caucus season well.

Posted by Donna_IRandom Ramble.

Posted by FrostyJimI visited the Turkey River and remember this old Mill - many cool sights here... and a great magazine too! [facebook.com]

Posted by FrostyJimI came up to Alaska from Coralville, IA in 1991 for a summer job .

Posted by Donna_IGeneral question. Do you have a favorite Iowa food? Casey's breakfast pizza, pork tenderloin, maidrites, etc... Mine is taco pizza. I hadn't realized it (theoretically any way) began in Iowa.

Posted by Donna_IHello fellow Iowans! I am the new host for this page and I am looking for suggestions for a more vibrant page! Please let me know your thoughts.

Posted by Donna_IWhat are the best fall things to do in Iowa?

• Top tags#hello #hope #church #DonaldTrump #god #beliefs #relationship #sex #faith #guns #species #rights #religious #movies #iowa #CivilWar #violence #pastor #IowaFaithLeaderCoalition #video #politics #agnostic #Christian #laws #nonbelief #justice #world #shoes #technology #book #2020election #homosexual #VoteByMail #religions #drama #soul #Snl #truth #shutdown #bullshit #Jesus #JesusChrist #spirits #poison #alcohol #Hawkeye #weather #Stocks #dinosaurs #evolved ...

Members 34Top