Agnostic.com
1 6

LINK Daniel Craig 'All Good' With His Gay Character in 'Knives Out' Sequel

In the Knives Out sequel, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery which premiered last week, we discover that Daniel Craig's character, detective Benoit Blanc, is queer, and according to Craig, “it’s all good.”

The revelation of Craig’s Benoit character came onstage at the London Film Festival, one of the few secrets associated with the film that was made public prior to the film’s opening. At the time, Craig said he was fine with the character being gay but would not disclose who plays Benoit’s partner in the film. But the director of the film, Rian Johnson, did say, "There’s nobody in the world I can imagine in bringing me more joy for Benoit Blanc to be with." Spoiler alert: Blanc’s partner is played by Hugh Grant.

In a recent Deadline feature, Craig decline to reveal the actor's identity, but he expanded on the importance of Blanc’s sexuality. “The less of a song and dance we make about that, the better, really, for me, because it just made sense,” he said. And also, as I said at the LFF, who wouldn’t want to live with the human being that he happens to live with? It’s nice, it’s fun. And why shouldn’t it be? I don’t want people to get politically hung up on anything.”

Craig also said that he is much more secure with Benoit’s character in the sequel. “My go-to with him in Glass Onion is that he’s incredibly curious,” Craig said in the interview. “I think he’s kind. He’s genuinely interested in human stories, in people, and what they’ve got to say. It’s how he does his job. He may want his suspects to hang themselves, but he does it by being open. You see it in the movie, he says, ‘I’m going to loosen them up.’”

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery also stars Edward Norton, Janelle Monáe, Kathryn Hahn, Leslie Odom Jr., Jessica Henwick, Madelyn Cline, Kate Hudson, and Dave Bautista (and Hugh Grant!). It is in theaters now and will be on Netflix December 23.

snytiger6 9 Dec 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t watch many movies, anymore, but I am looking forward to this one.

rainmanjr Level 8 Dec 2, 2022

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 269 More

Posted by snytiger6Coming out ...

Posted by snytiger6Larissa awakens Christmas morning to find ...

Posted by CliffordCook([iowafaithleadercoalition.

Posted by snytiger6Victoria's Secret model, huh ...

Posted by snytiger6I come in peace ...

Posted by snytiger6You need to find peace with your uniqueness...

Posted by snytiger6The only choice made was to be myself...

Posted by snytiger6The day you graduate from...

Posted by snytiger6Trust me. There is no other man...

Posted by snytiger6The bible belt...

Posted by snytiger6Condiment come out...

Posted by snytiger6I think the pastor is coming out...

Posted by CeaselessmindIt works best when you can take a bigoted letter and throw it right back in their faces! I fuckin love whoever did this!

Posted by snytiger6My artistic idol...

Posted by snytiger6You, religions and the holy book

Posted by inigomontoyaI identify as bigender. Most LGBTQ+ people don’t even know what that is. 😂

• Top tags#gay #video #community #transgender #friends #gender #sex #god #hope #DonaldTrump #religion #LGBT #rights #world #religious #relationship #queer #nation #Christian #marriage #children #kids #money #laws #Atheist #church #parents #hello #reason #book #wife #ComingOut #Identity #dogs #Catholic #Jesus #Bible #films #Song #movies #Police #republicans #atheism #vote #death #society #culture #homosexuality #Christians #mother ...

Members 979Top