Agnostic.com
4 9

Special doorbell just for them...

Lizard_of_Ahaz 9 June 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just to be sure.
Grab the red wire in your left hand, and bite the white wire.

OldGoat43 Level 9 June 28, 2021

After of course removing your shoes...

Unless they hold a wire in each hand, they will get nothing but a tickle, have to agree with @Theresa_N

glennlab Level 10 June 28, 2021

Actually if the person is grounded elsewhere on their body they could end up with more than "just a tickle..." I have worked with everything from a few microvolts to 660 commercial and learned about electricity from my grandfather (he helped build Hoover Dam and the California aqueduct). We used his electrical probe (an old ice pick he had wired for 125) in his garage to shock each other for fun...

Even better if they hold the earthing wire.

FrayedBear Level 9 June 28, 2021

The white wire is the Neutral wire which is a ground... At the main box it connects to your local ground and is often called your "Edison ground"...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Are you on DC over there? We have AC which means electrocution works best through grounding in the 3rd earth wire - or at least that's my understanding.
My neighbour many years ago ran two bare copper wires along the top of his verandah rail to dissuade the possums eatingbthe flowers. All went well until one morning he shuffled out of be to admire the view, threw his arms back, took a deep breath and leaned forward palms down onto the wires! They never got plugged in again. I used to just feed the possums fruit.

@FrayedBear DC is better for short runs than long ones. Nobody uses DC except for off the grid applications. For all intents and purposes the neutral (white wire) is a ground the green wire is your local ground is all. Keep in mind that unless the power passes through the brain or heart or of sufficient amperage it is unlikely to kill you. I have received a shock while working on 220 volt wiring with 50 amps and all it did was tingle. Of course I was wearing rubber soled shoes and not touching anything that would have grounded me elsewhere on my body. DC can be fun I used to play with automotive coils and once took a jolt from an old Cadillac with a 150KV coil which stung a bit but was extra fun because I was touching someone who was leaning over the engine compartment trying to tell me how to fix the problem with his car when all he really knew was how to put gas in it and drive.

So many are ignorant about electricity.

Theresa_N Level 8 June 28, 2021

Only dangerous to those who are ignorant....

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators