Agnostic.com
4 13

probably some repeats - probably some repeats

Rudy1962 9 June 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

thanks for the additions to my collection

glennlab Level 10 June 30, 2021

With that "bus" meme, be sure to have it (the bibble) open & be mumbling under your breath at the same time.

phxbillcee Level 10 June 30, 2021

BTW, some good ones there, stole a few.

Founding fathers, 8:75, next 100 years, & bare escapee - love them.

FrayedBear Level 9 June 30, 2021

At least Mohammad liked cats. He also liked young girls, so, there's that. (Will say to this that "unicorn" in some instances may have referred to rhinos, but tho I know some bibble {enough to smack xtians, usually} I'm not familiar enough w/ any unicorn passages.) & I sure won't waste my time going through it again just to check. It was depressing enough the first time I read it! god that god is a real dick!!!

@phxbillcee Considering that Palestinians had never seen or heard of a rhino and while the Romans did in fact only after the first century CE finally see one (Commodus) you have to wonder how this would be possible since it had not one but two horns....
As for "young girls" I hate to tell you this but any female over 15 at that time who wasn't married would have been considered as having something wrong with her. Typically women were married and mothers before 13 years of age and in less affluent societies death from old age averaged in the early 30s' for men and women both. Christians were no different than Muslims except they had been doing it longer in fact it wasn't until the first half of the 20th century that here in the US the age of consent and marriage was raised to 16 and 18 respectively in most states and even then with parental permission a girl can still get married younger in many of them. The state of Deleware actually until then allowed girls as young as eight years of age to marry....

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Yeah, but he went a bit off the usual path even for that time...

Aisha - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Aisha
ʿĀʾishah bint Abī Bakr also transcribed as Aisha (/ˈɑːiːʃɑː/, also US: /-ʃə, aɪˈiːʃə/, ... Aisha had an important role in early Islamic history, both during Muhammad's life and after his death. ... "that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old.

@phxbillcee You should probably research real history of that time period because that was NOT uncommon.... Pretty much the opinion of that time was "if she is old enough to bleed she is old enough to breed." And remember that in the US in the state of Delaware up until very recently (2018) allowed children to marry and in Massachusetts a girl can still marry at the age of 12 with parental or court permission...
I find that to be primitive and unacceptable myself but am not in a position to change these laws.

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I know what your saying, & I know the history/social setting, but do you really think a 6 yo was "old enough to bleed"? Possible, but unlikely, even 9 is pushing it. & why you want to defend it, even tho you say you don't accept it, is puzzling...

@phxbillcee Actually girls tended to reach fertility at lower ages in the past than they do today yet still it is far from uncommon for girls as young as eight to do so. I South America you hear of girls as young as eight or nine being raped and impregnated by family members and clergy all the time. Even here in the US where it is less common it still happens mostly in the Deep South in states like Georgia and Mississippi...

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 28

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators