Agnostic.com
2 7

Those teenage years...

OldMetalHead 9 Jan 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Could real parents be really wishing for this? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

At 14, 9 years ago, my daughter started shunning me. My best understanding of the reason was to have a sad story to match her best friend's. More recently (likely at the prompting of a therapist) she claims I neglected her. Her Mother, a psychotic manic-depressive, quit her job and buried herself in reading books. So maybe between my work and her mother, being neglected was what she rationalized. I get no cards, no calls, no emails, no news, no mailing address. She gets on family zooms, but I can't bear to look at her. I DID teach her much better; we spent time with my family every month for nearly a decade. I rationalize that she inherited her motherโ€™s imbalance, but I can't even say if that's right. We had a lot of good times together and I try to remember those. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have married her mother, who withheld the severity of her illness before the marriage. I do believe my daughter is in emotional pain too, and I feel very bad about that. She can reconcile any time she wants, but 9 years later, I'm not holding my breath. As to the meme, at this point, I'm not far away from that. I gather that a significant percentage of children become estranged from their parents, but study of the phenomena hasnโ€™t generated any substantive findings.

@racocn8 Having witnessed the same thing happen to many parents I know, my theory is that the children of these parents donโ€™t realize or un/consciously forget that their parents gave them the gift of life and decent upbringing. Forgive me but I donโ€™t symphatize with ungrateful people. This is my opinion only ๐Ÿ™

@OldMetalHead Having no children of my own but have witnessed how my parents did their best to give me a good upbringing, I could definitely say that ungrateful children to their good parents deserve to realize how hard it is to be a parent ๐Ÿ‘

If they only knew.

glennlab Level 10 Jan 5, 2023

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators