Agnostic.com
4 2

Gov Cuomo executive order declares gun violence a disaster emergency

[governor.ny.gov]

LMAO my district republican is pissed

soulless 7 July 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Until 2 years ago I lived in New York State and commuted into New York City to work.I did this for over 20 years. It is virtually impossible to get a hand gun permit in New York City. It is easier in New York State, but not much easier. The laws I refer to have been in existence for decades.

The "gun" violence he refers to virtually limited to a few specific ZIP codes. If the gun was the problem such violence would be State wide.

As noted very strict gun laws already exist in New Yor kState and City. ENFORCE them.

Alienbeing Level 8 July 7, 2021

In a lot of those communities it is their children that is doing the shooting. Teach your kids respect for others.What a radical idea

Oldman51 Level 7 July 7, 2021

Thats the problem with Republicans. They either have a John Wayne complex or a Napoleon complex. They think by using heavy handed retribution it will solve everything. Why use understanding and patience when you can use a switch. Problem is, data collected over decades, let me say that again. data collected over decades, shows that heavy handed incarceration doesn't solve the problem. Just makes first timers into repeat hardened criminals.

Republicans think that a backhand or a belt will cause deterrence. Sorry, evidence proves just the opposite. This doesn't mean that you open all the jail doors and let everybody go free.

You cannot address the gun violence until you address the causes that drives kids to gangs; unemployment, poverty, white privilege. Leading to a feeling of hopelessness created by generations of discrimination and white privilege.

Sometimes a larger cost upfront leads to solutions that bring the cost down significantly over the long run. Attack the background problems, give disadvantage youth opportunities that are better than the gangs can offer and you change the culture and you reap the reward in lower crime rates and a significant decrease on maintaining large number of incarnated individuals. May be too late for those already inside.

I know Republicans won't like this idea as they see non-whites as objects to be kept down. They stereotypes groups as Im stereotyping Republicans. Most I've met are uncaring (except for those other white Republicans in their social class) and tend to despise helping others.

t1nick Level 8 July 6, 2021

Really need a SMH emoji...

phxbillcee Level 10 July 6, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top