Agnostic.com
3 1

Is this why I got no answers to my last post? . I do know my questioning is wrong

Science is Not for Our Kind
Science is a staid professor with wild hair
In an unkempt white lab coat stained with grease
From a hamburger he ate without tasting

Science is searching for his own truth.
Throwing other theories out to hither and yon
Insisting on his own ways; wanting some credit.

Science is not for our kind;
Too high brow for us, my darling.
Stick with your gardening; you can plant carrots.

Sure you can prance optimistically into a lab
And give science your ideas
But they are worthless.

When Science shoves them back into your face
or stuffs them into a test tube and dashes it to the floor
Then will you come back readily to sling some hash?

The only science worth studying is astronomy
And there is no money in it. It is not for people like us.
We are sandwich makers, honey.

Now get your *** off of that cloud
and come back down here where we belong.
Hiding our dreams and aspirations in our stained aprons.
Copyright © Caren Krutsinger | Year Posted 2020

Mcflewster 8 Jan 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Mcflewster The poem is weird.
It's hard to read.
It doesn't make sense.

I love your enthusiasm, but this seems to be contradictory and confusing.

This - above - is not why you got no answers...but it does seem to express that most folk are alienated by "science"?

Perhaps you should consider re-naming the group. Instead of "Non-religious science teachers any age" - expand and generalize...call it "Science and education" or just "Science Education"? I don't think anyone's taken just "Science" ....so that might broaden your membership and participation?

Rob

Robecology Level 9 Jan 16, 2021

I realize that I am trying to encourage a topic that is hated by so many people, But they are really just "shooting the messenger"

Mcflewster Level 8 Jan 12, 2021

Perhaps, that being the case, you would be kind enough to explain what the message actually is?

@LenHazell53 Thanks for that question. It is my way of working to wait until the questioning mood arises. I have just been on a zoom call about faith schools and the hour is late but I will think about the answer and reply soon. There is a message there. It is not scaring people off that is the difficult bit.

Not sure what point you are trying to make?

That's what I was wondering too

@LenHazell53 could read it several different ways

@bookofmorons
One could, but it would be a total waste of time, the poem is new age pretentious nonsense without literary or technical merit.

@LenHazell53 that might explain it

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 21 More

Posted by McfluwsterMy new year's gift to promoite the best creative science and hence improve the rest of your life, but you have to engage with these sentences to get their ...

Posted by McfluwsterThis is the way to imrove your life through science education of YOURSELF.

Posted by McflewsterSeveral ways of encouraging science that works .

Posted by McflewsterHow many of you have had this kind of experience on Christmas or any other day?

Posted by McflewsterIs this true? Were you experimentally dangerous when young?

Posted by McflewsterA comment posted from a discussion on this site by Hank This is just for you! It is an experimental layout and sequences of scientific method.

Posted by Mcflewster COMPARING THE EFFICIENCY OF FACE MASKS The N95 is different with and without a valve It does not protect other people because it lets out unfiltered air.

Posted by McflewsterJust a reminder

Posted by McflewsterHelpful and really interesting on covid transmission risk in different indoor/outdoor situations.

Posted by McflewsterI am at this instant attending the American Humanist conference Wish I had thought of this name first (below) [happy-science.org] [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterTo see the way ahead on your journey [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterHow science leads to Humanism [youtu.be] [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterLast night I watched a video presentation introducing me to the work of Ask For Evidence.

Posted by McflewsterLast night I watched a video presentation introducing me to the work of Ask For Evidence.

Posted by McflewsterPlease help me to convince people that COMMON SENSE IS NOT THE SAME THING AS SCIENCE.

Posted by McflewsterThis is an appeal for graphic help by way of memes for campaigning.

• Top tags#video #teacher #scientific #teachers #world #children #religion #religious #hope #schools #society #friends #truth #agnostic #evidence #teach #TheTruth #theories #Exercise #discovery #magic #Freespeech #Catholic #Atheist #Police #kids #humans #DonaldTrump #god #Present #Christmas #parents #evolution #Hobbies #Christian #Humanist #violence #birth #BBC #lonely #media #guns #dogs #book #money #Darwin #CharlesDarwins #politicians #prayer #relationship ...

Members 34Top