Agnostic.com
1 0

TO hypothesize or not to Hypothesize. That Is the question!.

I trend to think that PROGRESS, which I have mentioned before in posts, is associated with the continuation of learning. This begs the question “What am I learning” by staying here. Friendship yes but changing your own life by listening to other peoples experiences ??? Does it work?

Of course I would say “ Do Science to solve your problems ” but then very few people have done any real science which is worth publishing widely . What they have done in schools and other places of learning is “ Other people’s science:", repeating and reading about other people’s initiative. It is only at the later stages of education that you get to solve all the problems of producing original discoveries .

I want ALL people to do some original science using their own choices about everything involved. Choosing and working through by themselves , This should be possible for any person over the age of 7.

This is because Human activities like Hope, surmising and wishful thinking have no leverage .

By that I mean no “ UMPH" to get things done and concluded until the next problem comes along.

The difference between real science and “ Just having a go ” at yours or anyone else’s science is called AN HYPOTHESIS fitted to your unique situation and it is the crunch bit that will or will not give you success with solving the problem.

It could be described as a a well thought out plan that, with some tweaking, can lead to a positive solution - even to the marketing of a new product or service.

Would anyone else like to say something about the word Hypothesis? Be sure not to let yourself be put off because it really is the key to progress in life-s problems that is rarely talked about outside SCIENCE JOURNALS.

Mcfluwster 7 Aug 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I taught science for 45 years; and I always kept it simple;

a Hypothesis was - and is... "an educated guess" nothing more....nothing less.

Robecology Level 9 Aug 22, 2023

I can see why this was used and in some famous instances has proved very useful.

Future science for the Masses will have to find a better way to surely conclude and give confidence..

@Mcfluwster Good suggestions...but it appears you're preaching to the choir. Scientists are largely ignored these days.

@Robecology I am certainly but not by you. I blame the professional philosophers in going their own sweet way .Literally taking a line for a walk amongst a thinking nation and never bothering to prove anything but making sure they get enough words into a book and selling a good few copies to have a comfortable living,

This does not apply to the rest us amatuer philosphers

Recent Visitors 4

Photos 21 More

Posted by McfluwsterMy new year's gift to promoite the best creative science and hence improve the rest of your life, but you have to engage with these sentences to get their ...

Posted by McfluwsterThis is the way to imrove your life through science education of YOURSELF.

Posted by McflewsterSeveral ways of encouraging science that works .

Posted by McflewsterHow many of you have had this kind of experience on Christmas or any other day?

Posted by McflewsterIs this true? Were you experimentally dangerous when young?

Posted by McflewsterA comment posted from a discussion on this site by Hank This is just for you! It is an experimental layout and sequences of scientific method.

Posted by Mcflewster COMPARING THE EFFICIENCY OF FACE MASKS The N95 is different with and without a valve It does not protect other people because it lets out unfiltered air.

Posted by McflewsterJust a reminder

Posted by McflewsterHelpful and really interesting on covid transmission risk in different indoor/outdoor situations.

Posted by McflewsterI am at this instant attending the American Humanist conference Wish I had thought of this name first (below) [happy-science.org] [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterTo see the way ahead on your journey [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterHow science leads to Humanism [youtu.be] [agnostic.com]

Posted by McflewsterLast night I watched a video presentation introducing me to the work of Ask For Evidence.

Posted by McflewsterLast night I watched a video presentation introducing me to the work of Ask For Evidence.

Posted by McflewsterPlease help me to convince people that COMMON SENSE IS NOT THE SAME THING AS SCIENCE.

Posted by McflewsterThis is an appeal for graphic help by way of memes for campaigning.

• Top tags#video #teacher #scientific #teachers #world #children #religion #religious #hope #schools #society #friends #truth #agnostic #evidence #teach #TheTruth #theories #Exercise #discovery #magic #Freespeech #Catholic #Atheist #Police #kids #humans #DonaldTrump #god #Present #Christmas #parents #evolution #Hobbies #Christian #Humanist #violence #birth #BBC #lonely #media #guns #dogs #book #money #Darwin #CharlesDarwins #politicians #prayer #relationship ...

Members 34Top