Agnostic.com
3 0

Our bodies are electric. Without electricity, our nervous system won’t carry signals between synapses.

yvilletom 8 Aug 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Each one of our cells is like a tiny electromagnet

t1nick Level 8 Aug 4, 2021

i might go solar.

hankster Level 9 Aug 3, 2021

May I join you? I’ll bring scotch, ice and glasses.

@yvilletom more the merrier. c'mon.

"Our bodies are electric"
. . . taking off 'blinders' . . . they are ALSO 'chemical',etc. 😛

Correct.

At a synapse, an arriving electric signal releases chemical molecules that cross the synapse and MAY enter adjoining nerves.

@yvilletom I need no convincing, I (very) recently finished both of these 'good reads' :

[goodreads.com]
[goodreads.com]

I tried to point-out that the body is MORE than 'electric' 😛

@FearlessFly . I did not say the body is only electric or not chemical. And, LOL, how many kinds of energy are necessary to push a custard pie onto your face

@yvilletom "Our bodies are electric"

Given your well-known position on EU, the post seemed to me to have 'an agenda' 😛

@FearlessFly It does and I do. The bb is a religion for people who are unable to quit religion. Governments need well-educated people for emergencies and have to subsidize some, but the bb encourages low quality thinking.

A part of my above post got lost. When I lived in SF, Sapolsky was on PBS often. I liked his stuff but stopped seeing him.

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 136 More

Posted by racocn8I saw some articles on meteorite composition and ended up with this picture.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by Slava3That makes me nervous

Posted by Slava3So we are part of a Cosmic ecosystem?

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamWhat's your favorite color?

Posted by SergeTafCamExciting times.

• Top tags#video #world #religion #religious #youtube #scientific #god #physics #evidence #earth #hope #solar #nuclear #friends #technology #humans #cosmic #book #quantum #reason #evolution #faith #truth #belief #books #relationship #NASA #laws #stars #Cosmos #money #community #believer #atheism #Atheist #astronomy #beliefs #Texas #environment #biology #media #teach #prayer #church #divorce #TheTruth #politics #agnostic #planets #kids ...

Members 305Top