Agnostic.com
2 1

Your first impressions?

From the Radio Martiko album ‘Divine Reeds’ Obscure Recordings From Special Music Recording Company (Athens 1966-1967)

Available on : [radiomartiko.bandcamp.com]

High Quality LP. Includes a 12 page booklet with the illustrated biography of Tassos Chalkias

Epirótika! Greek psych folk as a soul medicine. A shepherd's fever dream or spiritual jazz from an ancient world?

The moment you fall in love with Epirote music, a new musical universe will open up to you! This ancient psychedelic folk with jazzy improvisations from the North West of Greece is unique and will touch your soul so deeply that epirotika aficionados always remember the place and the moment when they got to know this hypnotic and mesmerising music.

In a similar way to the music of Alice Coltrane or Mulatu Astatke, it can take you out of the here and now - the pure beauty of the magical epirotika sound can make your mind drift off to otherworldly places. The hard to find recordings of Tassos Chalkias presented on this album are seen as some of the most outstanding expressions of this distinctive musical genre.

FrayedBear 9 Dec 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kind of East meets West is my first reaction. To be truthful...it’s not something I’d want to listen to a whole album of.

Funereal?

@FrayedBear That thought didn’t spring to mind....just not what I’d listen to given a choice.

First impression was "how awful." But having read about it I'm willing to give it another chance later.

Theresa_N Level 8 Dec 20, 2020

That was my reaction to Cohen many years ago. I was once berated for saying "if contemplating suicide then listening to half an hour of Cohen will make your mind up for you".

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 44 More

Posted by Ray13Sharing the birthday spotlight with Johannes Brahms: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, born in Votkinsk, Russia in 1840, d. 1893. Waltz of the Flowers: [youtu.be]

Posted by skadoI don’t doubt this may have been posted here before, but just in case... scroll the map to the green dots to listen to radio all around the world. [radio.garden] .

Posted by KWAPELL7for those of U who enjoy pure - unadulterated - Angelic - vocal performers - The following is "Love is like a Dream" - by Dimash Kudeibergen from Kazakstan - he can sing in 12 languages & play 10...

Posted by KWAPELL7for those of U who enjoy pure - unadulterated - Angelic - vocal performers - The following is "Love is like a Dream" - by Dimash Kudeibergen from Kazakstan - he can sing in 12 languages & play 10...

Posted by tipiMerry terraseasonal holidays! Happy United Solstices! Happy HumanLight Day.

Posted by skadoapologies for the FB link; couldn’t find it elsewhere. jueves 3 de diciembre en el conservatorio del Liceo [facebook.com] .

Posted by nicestuffCyril Jackson - Afro Drums [youtu.

Posted by nicestuffCyril Jackson - Afro Drums [youtu.

Posted by GipsyOfNewSpainViolin Virtuoso, Cuba's Alfredo de la Fe been a professional since age 12 with his Salsa Classic Latin New York performing in Montreux, Switzerland and Sandwiched between Me and Pro Dancer Laurie ...

Posted by Rossy92Fora da Ordem (Out Of Order) by Caetano Veloso, who is widely considered to be one of Brazil's greatest songwriters.

Posted by BDairLadama, great group.

Posted by JackPedigoJohn Lennon an obscure piece with political ramifications.

Posted by GipsyOfNewSpainVisiting My Son in his Office.... Life is 'Rican Good... You can not hear the Salsa but Salsa is blasting in the Speakers everywhere in Old San Juan.

• Top tags#video #Song #world #hello #god #hope #musicians #Norway #sing #religion #dance #friends #movies #lyrics #traditional #jazz #religious #children #Europe #Australia #films #youtube #church #earth #reason #wife #death #DonaldTrump #soul #hell #sex #kids #Atheist #parents #Jesus #Christian #mother #money #Russian #USA #book #relationship #beliefs #guns #culture #poetry #atheism #agnostic #laws #community ...

Members 492Top