Today I’ve chosen a piece of music truly European in all senses of the word…it’s by a German composer celebrating the traditional national dances of Hungary….and performed by a Polish orchestra. Johannes Brahms - Hungarian Dances 5 & 6 - Polish Youth Symphony Orchestra.
OMG, they all look so young. Clearly I'm not. This is the sort of music that one has sort of known all one's life if one has had classical music as part of one's education. It is as familiar as.
butter (I almost said baked beans!).
Dress rehearsal? Empty seats, few clapping.
I looked and thought: how much do these players get paid as there are so many of them. And I'll bet that they do not get nearly as much as pop band playing to a similar sized audience.
I think they’re all school age …it’s a youth orchestra…that means amateur and completely unpaid!
How wonderful to see young people like this play this gorgeous piece of music with such passion!
Yes…they’re all high school age by the looks of them….but so accomplished!
@Marionville I was certainly impressed with their playing of such a wonderful piece of music.