Agnostic.com
2 0

There are many people, me included, who have family o/s and it has been indicated that Australians will not be able to leave the country for another year, like all of 2021. This helps "keep Australia safe" we are told. No family reunions/ weddings/ funerals/ graduations etc etc. I see no logic in this.
I would really like to know how stopping people leaving Australia helps protect Australians?????? Especially considering how military and "essential workers" can keep traveling like sports people, military and primary industry resource exploiters ie miners.

And then, you read stories like this so I think it is fair to ask "WTF is going on?"
[abc.net.au]

powder 8 Nov 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd rather take National Isolation over the chances of getting Covid any day.

Triphid Level 9 Nov 10, 2020

@powder We ALL do have a choice, that choice being either,
a) accept things as they are for the interim, thus staying as SAFE as possible from infection or infecting others, or,
b) being selfish BASTARDS, not giving a hoot thus letting Covid run riot through the population of Australia and the world.
Take a good, long look at what the Spanish Flu did in the early 20th. Century where there were NO International large volume Airline flights, etc.
Or the European Plagues even earlier, IF memory serves correct, the DEATH Toll from just ONE those outbreaks was around 1/3rd of the ENTIRE population of Europe, including England.
Had there Mass Transport available then the Death Toll would most likely have been somewhere around the 50% mark at least.
Please DO NOT take this the wrong way, BUT you are beginning to sound very much like another 'certain' member of this group who will remain unnamed.

@powder Strewth M8, are you REALLY listening to Pauline 'Pantsdown?'

@powder Well, logic usual says "that those who leave their home country will, more often than not, return to it some time later," ergo THEY may well bring the virus back with them THEN we WILL have to go through ALL of this over and over again and again will we not?

@powder Yes, Victoria stuffed up BIG time, I agree.
But your Premier stuck to her guns and kept you safe did she not?
ATM, the "Travel Bubble' ONLY goes One Way, from N.Z. to Australia and Kiwis who come here for visits, etc, will eventually return to N.Z.
This Pandemic is something that modern society, the 21st. Century that is, was neither prepared nor ready for, it IS a whole new and terrifying thing to say the very least, the World-wide Death Toll is now well over the 1 MIILION mark and STILL rising.
I heartily disagree with the Snobs/Politicians, etc, etc, being given a kind 'carte blanch' travel-wise IT should be ! rule for ALL and No Exceptions.
This IS why I advocate for NEWER changes to Governments, the Constitution, etc, etc, in Australia to ENSURE that EVERYONE is treated Equally.

You have been gaoled for crimes against humanity?

@powder thank your NLP Government. By the way can you travel to other states yet?

@powder Well if you are not allowed to dtand & drink no one will know if you're drunk or dead and the average Queenslander is said to need all the help they can get. 😁

@powder that explains a lot. 😁😉👋

@powder like NZ they paid half a million to migrate largely to improve the Queensland & NZ average IQ?

@powder ACT or Federal politicians?
[convictcreations.com]

@powder I have just been told that I'm#565 on the wait list for new dentures. I've just pointed out that the prosthetic teeth have now worn down & no longer protect my few natural teeth. Consequently the plate moves laterally in my mouth & results in damage to the inside of my jaw & gum. I'm debating whether & which local MP to compain to.

@powder I thought that Hancock's fat daughter wanted travel to Singapore normalising first?

@powder I thought smoking is now verboten on planes?

@powder I believe that her primary reidence is now in Singapore. Mind you she probably is not restricted as a FIFO miner.

@powder Please inform @FrayedBear that his precious little State's borders are now opened up.

Oh, Bullshit, Twaddle, Mickey Drippings and utter Bat-shit.

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 430Top