Agnostic.com
2 0

FFS. Talk about lunatics running the asylum
[abc.net.au]

powder 8 June 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know. I've just come back to your article after having a shower, pumping my car tyre up, putting the laundry on, checking my email, reading a repeat request to complete a research company's 32 question survey for AusGov and you state "FFS. Talk about lunatics running the asylum" because a false positive occurred in about 4% of tests - better that they were false positives & not negatives - 400+ people who would have been infected would have been mightily pissed off particularly if their name was Triffid. And quite rightly so.

FrayedBear Level 9 June 3, 2021

@powder Mask wearing is mandated in Victoria. The other day I saw an Israeli article claiming that vaccination decreased the number or intensity of virus particles in the nose so it helped stop the spread of the disease. Has the federal government ever mandated the wearing of masks?
I notice that is now mandated that we are required to register entry into supermarkets - what if you don't have mobile phone?

I have just encountered lunacy in respect of the gas meter reading. The gas company has just sent a bill based on a guesstimate. The actual reading was written on a label fixed to the front gate and about two months ago they were sent a photograph of the meter. On receipt of the bill I sent them another photograph. Not good enough they say. Their guess is to have increased my usage from 9 m³ to 44m³. They claim that they cannot schedule more accurately than a ten day window to read the meter. I've told them that my "wait on your convenience charge" is $300 per hour charged by the full day. I've told them that I'm in high risk category and the gate remains locked to protect myself. They are laughing at me & are now telling me that they will charge $130 to come & do a special reading. The meter reader does not disinfect gate handles that they have touched. The energy company has a monopoly on the supply of gas in our town thanks to political lack of forethought or corruption.

@powder I've just been told that the vaccine can't do anything against covid but does stimulate the immune system except if a virus manufactured to fit the artificial spike that it creates in RNA is let loose. It sounds like conspiracy theory to me but there's no smoke without fire.

Well now, the 2 cases that WERE false positives can easily be explained as an error of diagnosis BUT the other 61+ cases are nowhere near an error of diagnosis now are they?
They ARE for REAL, they ARE there, they should NOT have occurred with vaccinations NOW available FOR FREE, should they?
IF there are, as you say, "Lunatics Running the Asylum" then the Lunatics, imo, ARE the People of Victoria who carp, snivel, whine and moan about having to stay home, etc, etc, when TO GET even a MODICUM of Control over this very dangerous, often FATAL Viral Pandemic WHAT IS actually NEEDED is Fullest Co-operation OF ALL the Peoples and Populace of both the State and the Entire country and not, imo, having some cry-babies whining and grizzling, etc, etc, endlessly over Sweet Bugger All except their OWN Personal needs and Wishes when EVERYONE is at stake, NOT just Them and theirs.

Triphid Level 9 June 3, 2021

@powder And as one who has extensive training in the fields of Medicine I shall STILL disagree with you most ardently and vehemently.
Imo, most of you whining, Cry-Baby Victorians are little more than Spoiled Little Brats who care ONLY for themselves and NOT the ENTIRE Population of this country at large.

@powder IMO, YOUR so-proclaimed 'Experiences in Risk and Hazard Management, given that they are, AS YOU, yourself informed me ages ago, BASED SOLELY in the world of Industry and Mining, etc, AND NOT in Health and Health Management, are about as relevant to the Covid Pandemic as re-arranging the Decks chairs would be to the Titanic.
IF this present situation INVOLVED a Mining Disaster, then I'd heed your advice BUT IF it also involved the Health and Safety of BOTH the Victims of the Disaster and the Rescuers then I'd stand by my very Extensive Training in Rescue and Recovery gained from years of Nursing, having a Certification as a Paramedic Class 1, State Rail Authority Breakdown Collision and Derailment Emergency Teams, State Emergency Services and a few more years of on the ground experiences than you may have in my opinion as well.
When it comes down to 'Confirmed Cases,' 1, ONLY ONE, case is needed for the virus to be spread to almost EVERY SINGLE person that Case Zero has even had PASSING contact with.
For Example, Patient Zero, spends 5 minutes in a Supermarket, brushes up against 3 other shoppers, they, in turn, brush up against 3 more people and so on and so forth until the total POSSIBLE Infections are increased EXPONENTIALLY in less than 72 hours.
That, imo, you snivelling Victorian Spoiled Brat, IS exactly HOW an Epidemic/Pandemic works and CONTINUESW on regardless when imo, Selfish, Snivelling, Self-Centred Spoiled Brats like you REFUSE to listen to FACTS and Figures BECAUSE they THINK they KNOW Better.

@powder Well, as such a person with such wondrous qualification in Risk and Hazard Management as you, then one would surely think that such a person could EASILY manage to discover such trivia for himself would he not?
Or is, mayhap, a case of needing someone to hand your delicate little hand and walk you through it all just in case it gets a wee bit too difficult or scary for you?
By the way, my 'scenario' as you like to call it was a HYPOTHETICAL scenario BUT it can and often DOES happe3n that way, similar can and does happen on Airline Flights both National and International, Ocean Cruises, simple Suburban Train journeys, etc, etc, AND even WORSE WHEN IDIOTIC Whining and Snivelling Cry-Baby, Spoiled little Brats ( who will remain nameless at present) seemingly care far less about the rest of the Human Race than they do for their precious little, trivial personal wants, needs and desires.
Btw, imo, IF the cap fits, please feel most free to don it and wear it.

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #money #minister #religion #federal #media #reason #children #DonaldTrump #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 431Top