Agnostic.com
3 1

It matters not that this was a medical conference, and covid is definitely not the issue here.
A doctor is totally censored and destroyed for doing exactly what the Hippocratic oath dictates he do.
This has little to do with covid, but the brutal censorship of scientific principles.
Where will this end? Will all scientific endeavours and practises censored for the "public safety"??

Australian Doctor suspended for speaking out against COVID-19 Vaccines - takes medical regulators to High Court

An Australian GP, who has sued medical regulators for suspending his registration after he said COVID-19 vaccines were dangerous, has applied for his lawsuit to be adjudicated by the country’s highest court.

In August 2022, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) suspended the registration of North Brisbane GP registrar William Bay after he interrupted a national Australian Medical Association conference in late July and told the doctors present to stop forcing vaccines on people.

In enforcing its authority, the medical regulator said it believed Dr. Bay posed serious risks to persons and that immediate action needed to be taken to protect public health or safety.

APRHA has taken the stance that vaccination is a crucial part of the public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic and that registered health practitioners have a vital role in COVID-19 vaccination programs and in educating the public about the importance and safety of COVID-19 vaccines to ensure high participation rates.

“Any promotion of anti-vaccination statements or health advice which contradicts the best available scientific evidence or seeks to actively undermine the national immunisation campaign (including via social media) is not supported by National Boards and may be in breach of the codes of conduct and subject to investigation and possible regulatory action,” APRHA and the National Boards said in 2021.

This stance has meant that many Australian doctors could not speak about their reservations around the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, despite a wealth of evidence from international studies discussing adverse reactions to the vaccines causing issues like myocarditis, pericarditis and other post-COVID vaccine syndromes.

The suspension pushed Dr. Bay to file a lawsuit against the AHPRA and the Medical Board of Australia in November 2022 to regain his registration.

The GP cited many reasons for his claim, including the allegation that the medical regulators did not have a valid legal existence as a national authority because they were formed by Queensland statute.

In addition, he said the AHPRA suspended his registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law, which he claimed was a law that didn’t exist as it was not passed by the federal parliament.

Bay also alleged that his suspension was a suppression of a doctor’s right to free speech and his or her ability to warn patients about the dangers of vaccines or any other medical treatment by AHPRA.

The Queensland Supreme Court was supposed to settle the lawsuit in a two day-hearing in late March 2023. However, on March 6, Bay made an application to have his lawsuit removed to the High Court.

The Reason Behind Dr Bay’s Decision

Dr. Bay told The Epoch Times that he made the decision after his opponents sought to have the lawsuit dismissed in the Supreme Court on the basis that his argument lacked any legal merit.

“One of the primary reasons was that they argued that my matter should have been heard in a tribunal, which is the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, not in the Supreme Court, let alone the High Court,” Bay said.

In response to the AHPRA’s arguments, Dr. Bay said the matter of his lawsuit contained a significant level of public interest and importance that it needed to be heard in a court with national jurisdiction.

According to the court documents seen by The Epoch Times, Queensland Supreme Court Chief Justice Helen Bowskill issued a court order on March 22 in which she adjourned Dr Bay’s lawsuit indefinitely to have the matter removed to the High Court.

The matter is now before the High Court, and the court will determine whether to adjudicate the lawsuit.

AHPRA’s Suspension Brings Significant Hardship

Dr Bay told The Epoch Times that he was in financial difficulty because he was unable to work as a doctor during the suspension period.

The GP also said a compliance letter issued to him in August 2022 by AHPRA and the Medical Board of Australia had prohibited him from working in any field remotely connected to healthcare, including administration, teaching, advisory, research and so on.
Queensland Supreme Court in Brisbane, Australia, on Nov. 30, 2022.

Moreover, Dr Bay noted that even if he won the lawsuit, he was likely unable to resume his previous career.

“I have been expelled from the GP Registar specialty training program with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners,” he said.

“So even if I am cleared of all temporary suspension charges and allowed to work again, I am unlikely to ever be allowed to resume my career again (as I would have to apply for a place back in the college again and start all over again), especially when new continuing professional development requirements are taken into account.

“Personally, the suspension has put a great strain on my relationships with my family and friends, and I have needed to sell my home and am currently renting.”

During his lawsuit application in November 2022, Dr Bay requested the Queensland Supreme Court to issue an interlocutory injunction to restrain the AHPRA and the Medical Board from enforcing their compliance letter against him, arguing that it was beyond the power of the medical regulators.

However, the court dismissed his request on March 22, the same day it agreed to remove his lawsuit to the High Court.

vocaloldfart 7 May 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My point was the brutal way the doctor was destroyed by non medical trained people. I tried to illustrate how totalitarianism is here and how ugly it is.

I posted this in another forum. I got the same result. people saw covid and responded to that. not the real issue of a man's career and job totally destroyed as is his life now.

I was taught that the role of science was to investigate all sides of an issue and then find the truth where ever it may lay.

This ex doctor supplied the medical data which had been accepted by the medical authorities. Admittedly research on his paper is warranted and normal scientific practise.

What I was trying to highlight was whether, personal or political, someone was offended and thought it grand and just to come as close to kill a skilled professional without committing the actual physical murder.

Once a few of these doctors win their cases,
there will be an avalanche of litigation.
The tide is going to turn.

BDair Level 8 May 12, 2023

I wish someone would go to court and argue covid medicines available are not good enough to be called a vaccine and therefore cannot be mandated. For not any old medicine can be mandated, only vaccines and vaccines only. Because vaccines stop transmission, the one and only justification for any medical mandates in the first place. Covid medicines are not stopping transmission so they should not be referred to as vaccines.
As the pandemic is now officially declared over, removing emergency legislation whilst considering no 5 years of data yet, I'm a bit surprised these covid medicines are still on the market. A public trial, phase III.

puff Level 8 May 12, 2023

'Russell Broadbent, Australian MP, speaks about the plight of injured citizens & the need for our representatives to hear our voices. COVERSE encourages Australians adversely impacted by these products to write to MPs and Senators, we will soon provide templates to help with this.'

[twitter.com]

‘Severely damaged’ and abandoned: Australian victims of COVID-19 vaccine injuries feel they are ‘not being heard’ by Australian Government'

[skynews.com.au]

'A class action has been filed in the Federal Court of Australia against the Australian Government, Dr Brendan Murphy, and Professor John Skerritt on behalf of people who have been injured by Covid-19 vaccines.
Thank you to Dr. Melissa McCann and the solicitors that have taken up the fight to help those affected and still suffering.
You can learn more about this class action (and join it if you have been negatively affected)'

[twitter.com]

Recent Visitors 4

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #minister #federal #money #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #rights #community #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #parents #corruption #youtube #vote #book #religions #truth #dogs #kids #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 428Top