Agnostic.com
4 6

More mask madness - I'm relearning how to sew - no small thing - but we learned that on the old Singer machine the lightbulb is also a fuse! 😉 (That's actually kind of clever).
These are cotton with a layer of blue shop towel in the middle to filter. We need to see how these wash - first - (we take them out for a spin Thursday to see how they Breathe!).
The nose piece in these are superior though - I found Bonsai wire (aluminum wire) and it holds it's shape! I'm hoping for no foggy glasses with these.
If nothing else we'll look different from the masses. 😉

Oh and for those of you hiding M&Ms in your mask? I'm pretty sure you could fit a whole bag in these....

RavenCT 9 July 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been hot on the mask train! I had to do some tweaking as well. The first versions were ok when it was still cool, but the Missouri heat and stifling humidity take their toll, so I came up with something that takes less fabric. I've received positive feedback on those! I have small, medium and large sizes and make a bunch. I never did like the ones that are shaped. They remind me of jock strap cups.

Masks are becoming a fashion statement!

Good job!

I think you might be a bit too thick with that extra layer of toweling in there....the concern is to trap most of your outgoing breaths, not filter air coming in....but you'll discover this soon enough!

Robecology Level 9 July 21, 2020

Regardless of how you feel about Pelosi, her matching mask/outfit combos are giving me ideas....and I'm diggin the scarves. Put it on your face, cover your bad hair....awesome! 😉

In the beginning , when the stores didn't have masks , I looked around to see what I could do , in a hurry . I found a clean napkin , folded it in half and found a stretchy pant cuff I had cut off a new pair of slacks , that made a very comfortable head band .

Cast1es Level 9 July 21, 2020

This is the video on how to make this style of mask - though she uses Quilter's batting - I can't recommend that. It's too heavy to breathe through.

RavenCT Level 9 July 20, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 2,528 More

Posted by JolantaAlmost good enough to eat.

Posted by metalfactoryMetal Factory - Beautifully Designed, Custom-Made Straight Staircase

Posted by KateOahuSpending August in Big Bay, Michigan, again this year.

Posted by AussieBudgieSome shots from my recent travels.

Posted by KynleiFinished my cartoon character drawing today. Note, this is for personal use only and I will not be selling it. The characters belong to their respective owners and are subject to copyright.

• Top tags#god #religion #video #religious #friends #world #hope #church #reason #animals #Atheist #relationship #atheism #hell #death #community #humans #kids #Christmas #children #movies #books #oil #book #dogs #Bible #cats #agnostic #Christian #sex #beliefs #photography #Jesus #money #hello #evidence #parents #mother #earth #religions #guns #loves #holiday #DonaldTrump #flowers #laws #youtube #created #society #belief ...

Members 1,088Top