Agnostic.com
2 5

Today is Dale Chihuly's birthday. He is my current living American artist. His medium is glass. I was fortunate enough to see his permanent exhibition in Tacoma's Museum of Glass. He has also had exhibitions in Dayton OH and in Rochester, NY where he was guest --artist -in - residence at the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Art. One of my husbands was a technologist there, so I got to see the great man working the kiln. His creations are magical and stunning. He himself was like I imagine
Picasso to be: intense, bad-tempered, and quite rude, but more round, with wild hair and not speaking Spanish.
If you have a chance to see Chihuly's work, go visit. If you have lots of money, go buy some of his creations.

Spinliesel 8 Sep 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Colorful , brilliant , wildly shaped , to look at , but not usable in daily life .

Cast1es Level 9 Sep 20, 2021

You are talking about the artist or his work?

I got a DVD of Dale Chahuly. I've also visited the Fairchild Tropical gardens where he's created severl permanent exhibits. A great artisan.

Robecology Level 9 Sep 20, 2021

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 2,473 More

Posted by NotlostA few more quilts I've made.

Posted by KynleiA couple more drawings of mine from this weekend. The first one is my original art. The second you might recognize if you're ever seen the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Posted by KynleiA couple more drawings of mine from this weekend. The first one is my original art. The second you might recognize if you're ever seen the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

Posted by Beard63Shopping cart from my favorite (but now defunct art store) the Education Shack in Anderson SC.

Posted by MizJFinally have enough greens to do a Tree of Life quilt.

Posted by KynleiSome drawings I've done lately with the help of a drawing prompt.

Posted by KynleiSome drawings I've done lately with the help of a drawing prompt.

Posted by NotlostYa'll, I am proud of myself! I just finished my daughter's cloak for Renfaire this fall.

Posted by NotlostYa'll, I am proud of myself! I just finished my daughter's cloak for Renfaire this fall.

Posted by SpinlieselToday is Dale Chihuly's birthday.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #video #friends #hope #world #reason #animals #church #relationship #Atheist #atheism #death #community #humans #kids #hell #Christmas #children #books #oil #book #dogs #Bible #movies #agnostic #Christian #sex #beliefs #cats #photography #money #hello #evidence #parents #earth #Jesus #religions #loves #holiday #DonaldTrump #mother #guns #flowers #created #society #belief #Christians #Halloween ...

Members 783Top