Agnostic.com
1 2

Microsoft dropped for open source: Why Hamburg is now following Munich's lead

Former Microsoft bastion Hamburg's decision is particularly telling, say observers.

[zdnet.com]

FearlessFly 9 June 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does one ever hear of a city moving to Apple?

I hadn't thought of that, but no, I haven't 😛

@FearlessFly The reason I ask is that the Ipad, I have paid for every app I used. Windows used to be the same, I need to use Autocad. Linux has everything free, a lot easier to use once the learning curve is tackled, It is a lot easier than when I started using it back in 1995, I think. Now, it just works and using apt-get or just apt upgrades all the programs, installs anything you want to use. There are many other tools that make it easier to use and fix. It also does not have to be rebooted when it fails. I once saw how long it would go and I got something like 460 days until I did a total rebuild and upgrade. This is impossible with Windows.
Reminds me of when Microsoft wanted to charge the School district of Portland Oregon for every machine license used. A call went out and there were going to be enough people to put Linux on every machine in the District in one weekend. Microsoft let it go so there would be more kids used to using Windows than Linux.

Recent Visitors 8

Photos

Posted by FrayedBearAnyone using Android 12? Are you having problems with the Gmail app no longer working along with the PlayStore?

Posted by ScubaWagsWow, Windows 11 will have tiling windows. No one has ever done that before...

Posted by ScubaWagsThis made me giggle

Posted by OldMetalHeadThis is quite interesting. I knew Ubuntu would be high, but I honestly didn't expect it to be that high.

Posted by ScubaWagsApparently it's penguin awareness day today... I assume that must include Tux

Posted by hrichardson8Hey, I resemble that remark. [xkcd.com]

Posted by HiFiGuyHello, everyone! I'm new and I just wanted to say hello and share a little bit about myself.

• Top tags#god #video #computers #religion #hope #religious #reason #atheism #friends #hell #evidence #apple #chinese #environment #sex #belief #hello #Bible #media #Atheist #evil #USA #faith #world #kids #corruption #government #humans #movies #community #rights #schools #joke #humanity #China #DonaldTrump #immoral #Australia #cultural #holy #NASA #dogs #Russian #military #nonbelievers #Christian #Awe #spirit #tech #agnostic ...

Members 76Top