Agnostic.com
3 4

As I've aged I have found my embrace of Stoic philosophy to be a useful means to a better, happier, deeper, richer, more fulfilling life. It is even more so in trying times like these. I am sometimes asked about Stoicism, so here's a link to an overview from the Daily Stoic.

For those who are deep into Stoicism, yes, I know it is much deeper and more nuanced than what is outlined in the article, let alone in pop culture. Nonetheless, I think this is useful to those seeking an initial introduction. If you are interested in learning more, by all means, do.

[dailystoic.com]

Mitch07102 8 Nov 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are you familiar with Albert Camus?

RCRX87 Level 4 June 14, 2021

Camus cognac is excellent, yes 🙂

I find that existential philosophy provides all the meaning and order that I need.

wordywalt Level 9 Feb 10, 2021

You must know the father of cynic philosophy was one Diogenes of Sinop, Turkey. I was based there while in the military (our base was known a "Diogenes Station" ) and learned a lot about him and his philosophy. I do agree with Epictetus but also understand we are not always in as much control as we would want. At various times I did write journal but it became too tiresome and boring. Later in life I discovered and embraced the philosophy of volunteer simplicity. Whereas VS is mainly about wealth it also has a lot of personal growth and de-stressing ones life.

JackPedigo Level 9 Nov 27, 2020

Recent Visitors 22

Photos

Posted by JettyPerspective

Posted by PontifexMarximusWhy Evolution Is True … I never realised that there was still so much opposition to science. [livescience.com]

Posted by NR92What is the reason to live? What are we living for?

Posted by NR92Is it correct that Nietzsche was Hitler's inspiration?

Posted by mzeeWhat is fear?

Posted by DonaldHRobertsThe Most Complicated question ever asked. WHY?

Posted by TheMiddleWayRussel, the greatest salesman the world has ever known!

• Top tags#philosophy #world #god #truth #video #religion #book #laws #reason #humans #religious #moral #atheism #money #belief #death #Atheist #beliefs #evidence #friends #Christian #Bible #humanity #faith #DonaldTrump #TheTruth #scientific #USA #fear #hope #culture #books #morality #earth #freedom #Wisdom #media #imagination #tradition #existence #university #hello #society #rape #government #ethics #politics #children #created #wife ...

Members 437Top

Moderators