Agnostic.com
8 4

"I'm not saying God doesn't exist, I'm saying it would be nice if God existed"- one of my all time favourite quote.

#god
Ashwin 3 Dec 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've got lots of replies, instead of addressing them individually, let me try and reply here.
1.The concept of God in itself means a being that watches over us and cares for us. As far as which god or whose god, I believe that humans have just given different names to the same concept.
2. Why would it be nice if God existed ? Having a being powerful enough to stop the bad things from happening is in itself nice according to me.
3.Reiterating, I'm not telling God exists. There is no scientific proof whatsoever for that, but imagining a world where there is only peace and happiness is nice. Seeing my fellow humans happy is nice and if God can make it happen , it would be nice if God existed.
Thanks for the respones btw. It was nice to read everyones POV on this . Makes me feel less alone 🙂

Ashwin Level 3 Dec 22, 2020

If a loving, benevolent Gawd existed, maybe...but can you name one such in the history of Man?

AnneWimsey Level 9 Dec 19, 2020

Not off hand, but there are a few who claim to be

From what I understand of most gods, they aren't a nice lot. They're arbitrary, cruel, jealous, and illogical. Why would you want them/him to exist, and why is that your favorite quote?

Lauren Level 8 Dec 19, 2020

Hmm, sounds like a lot of people I run into...

@Canndue Not coincidentally, eh?

@Lauren who’s been talking😎

@Ashwin Please elaborate....why do you think "it would be nice if God existed"? What makes you inspired to say that?

In the meantime, while you're thinking of an answer, read these;

Robecology Level 9 Dec 19, 2020

Why would it be nice if a god existed?

DenoPenno Level 9 Dec 19, 2020

Out of the over 2000 Gods humans have created do you have a preference?

Sticks48 Level 9 Dec 19, 2020

Are you sure you belong on this site???

Seems you have your priorities all fucked up!!!

Just like all the other obstructionist republican religious death cult fascists!!!

Errr...no, it wouldn’t. I’m happy being solely in charge of my own destiny.

You believe in destiny but not in God ?

@Ashwin We shape our own lives...destiny is just a different word for it. God has sod all to do with it or anything else, the power is all ours, it’s in our own hands to make what we will of it.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 191 More

Posted by johnnyrobishWell, somebody had to do it!

Posted by WalterGreensTo every one out there!

Posted by LenHazell53Well would you look at that, and who posted it

Posted by Mike-IMAOpinions base on facts and evidence can change the world.

Posted by ChrisAineWhere is everybody? Don't tell me y'all caught up with Xmas festivities. Anyway Merry Christmas free thinkers. May you get a kiss under the mistletoe..😊

Posted by ScribblerWhy is everyone leaving?

Posted by AryabratIsn't this the most logical and simplistic way to dismiss a fictitious superpower/hero? Or is there anymore way?

Posted by AvaBunWhat are your thoughts?

Posted by terenaskawsHow passionate are you in creating?

Posted by SpinlieselToday, in 1872, the last Indian war east of the Mississippi ended with the capture of Black Hawk.

Posted by SlarsAnother throw back from my orange years.. mad to think they essentially just paid us to play with big toys all day fun job...

Posted by AnabuceriasPhoto is worth 1000 words.

Posted by bobwjrThat's this group

Posted by TourirstMIA: Missing in Administration. I have posted this, twice and of course, it slides under the radar, understandably as Admin has left the building for good?

Posted by LorajayThis is a wonderful way to live as long as you take care of the necessities of providing for food and shelter first.

Posted by phxbillceeCongratulations, @Marionville on reaching Level 10!!!

• Top tags#god #hello #religion #world #video #religious #reason #atheism #hope #friends #truth #money #Atheist #humans #children #DonaldTrump #belief #Bible #laws #death #society #earth #church #faith #animals #agnostic #book #hell #fear #existence #government #Christian #philosophy #kids #freedom #evidence #beliefs #youtube #movies #freethinker #created #soul #religions #spirit #evil #sex #pray #Jesus #believer #Present ...

Members 2,645Top