Agnostic.com
5 4

Here is an example of my introversion kicking in.
It was here on Agnostic.com . I was paticipating in a Zoom chat. I am new to this chat group. There is a person on it, a regular, who I will call The Oracle. Whenever anyone needs a question answered he provides it, quite pontifically I might add. So anyway, there was a question about beer, and he did some clicking, and rhymed off a whole bunch of "facts", which I knew was complete and utter BS , as I had breweries and people making brewery equpment as customers in my past job. I let him hang himself.
I let it go, it was taken as gospel by the group because he is of course ,The Oracle.
I do not know what he clicked or where, but it was bizarre and so wrong. Did he make up a bunch of crap or what?
Am debating whether or not to participate again. Am not interested in a dick fight with him.

Happycanuck 7 Feb 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Post what you want in opposition & just ignore him or block him. You don't have to engage him. Correct the record & walk away. Or not. I am introverted but enjoy the interaction on this site where I can not be punched in the nose.

Mooolah Level 8 Feb 22, 2021

I have a friend, on FB, who copies & posts any old crap her other friends share ... with the expressed expectation that I will correct it for her, if it's BS. On anything & everything!! So, others often see me as a 'fucking know it all'. Not everyone has read her posted comments, acknowledging that she posts, then waits for me to invalidate it, or support it. She also leaves the post up (sometimes with multiple likes & support comments), but with my correction attached. She knows that I hate distributed misinformation more than being judged a bitch.

So, it's up to you @HappyCanuck; is the truth worth your investment? Given the other zoomers will re-share the BS, without your support. We learn who to trust & respect, by their support of the facts, with evidence. I'd raise a new post, not reference the oracle or zoom event, state actual facts with evidence, & tag the other zoomers, but not the oracle. (They may find it's not the first BS accepted; and be grateful to you.)

LizZyG Level 5 Feb 21, 2021

If you generally enjoy the forum, why let one idiot ruin the entire thing for you? You can do some "clicking" of your own while he blats on, then ask pointed questions AS IF you actually want his answer(s)....enjoy!

AnneWimsey Level 9 Feb 21, 2021

Instead of leaving everyone in the groups , due to one fruit cake , you may consider blocking him . That way you won't see his posts in any groups , although I don't know how that works on Zoom . Good luck , Hon !

Cast1es Level 9 Feb 21, 2021

as anywhere you'll find all kinds. rely on your eperiences, knowledge and logic if something appears exagerated or just plain wrong

TheDoubter Level 9 Feb 21, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 38

Photos 856 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyOne below triggered me…

Posted by FrostyJim...works for me?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFollow me for more tips…😎

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMe too, me too!

Posted by TheoryNumber3In honor of Eclipse Day.....

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI’m perfectly happy so must be something wrong…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIntroverts. Creatures of the Night!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t ring my doorbell!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by FrostyJim...I have a lifetime membership.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

• Top tags#friends #video #world #religion #god #hello #religious #hell #hope #relationship #Atheist #anxiety #money #reason #cats #truth #book #kids #dogs #introvert #Bible #children #humans #church #memes #fear #lonely #guns #wife #books #mother #Song #beliefs #laws #DonaldTrump #community #animals #sleep #Christian #Friday #movies #media #TheTruth #advice #faith #sex #parents #evidence #belief #coffee ...

Members 1,997Top

Moderators