Agnostic.com
12 3

When you have attended parties in the past, did you find it to be a Herculean task to approach a small group of people standing there enjoying conversation, even if you knew everyone in the group?

Wakenbaker 5 Mar 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have for decades used membership organizations and their parties for my selfish purposes.

When I like an organization and want to remain one of its members, I volunteer to do some of its necessary work. The first time I was the president of such an organization, I didn’t have to go to other members; they came to me. I needed only to learn how to delegate the work they usually wanted me to do.

yvilletom Level 8 Mar 29, 2021

When my husband was alive, we would go to a gathering and he would not make the first move to converse, it always had to be me, which I am very comfortable with small talk.

panache Level 3 Mar 29, 2021

Yup

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 28, 2021

Yes. And it's only gotten worse during this whole shutdown. I used to force myself into certain situations to stay "friendly" with people. None of that in about a year. Don't know if I'll be able to go back.

NHjulie Level 8 Mar 28, 2021

I'm the only one? Damn, I'm more of a weirdo than I thought.

Wakenbaker Level 5 Mar 28, 2021

Going to parties usually requires friends.

Kynlei Level 8 Mar 28, 2021

No, although being quite the meathead, I've always been a salad shy of a salmagundi especially at pot luck festivities due to incipient spoonerism. But for herculean tasks the augean cleansing of the lounge, dining, and kitchen is a stable diet of the after party. I was the one who would bring a wisp of wan and a pinch of pallor to any colourful occasion. Let's get this partly started.

Oh come on, you bring the spinach dip.

loved pink even back then

@whiskywoman that was close to propinquity.

@panache no need for a scrumptious spinach dip, I ain't no hollowed out bread, and have my "stable diet" with which to contend.

no

Certainly not! I am happy to see them! I luckily learned in early puberty to dump self-consciousness, by realized most people are much too worried about the impression They are making to think about what i am doing. It was a magic moment!
Edited to say I need, want, crave A Lot of alone time with "just" the dogs!!!!

AnneWimsey Level 9 Mar 27, 2021

Nope!

Sticks48 Level 9 Mar 27, 2021

Parties??? If ever... I make the prettiest wallflower!!🤣

I'm sure you do.

@Sticks48 Aww.☺️

Seldom attended parties , didn't know many people , wouldn't have noticed who was in a group having a conversation .

Cast1es Level 9 Mar 27, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 855 More

Posted by FrostyJim...works for me?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFollow me for more tips…😎

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMe too, me too!

Posted by TheoryNumber3In honor of Eclipse Day.....

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI’m perfectly happy so must be something wrong…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIntroverts. Creatures of the Night!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t ring my doorbell!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by FrostyJim...I have a lifetime membership.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyWell, that deteriorated quickly…

• Top tags#friends #video #world #religion #god #hello #religious #hell #hope #relationship #Atheist #anxiety #money #reason #cats #truth #book #kids #dogs #introvert #Bible #children #humans #church #memes #fear #lonely #guns #wife #books #mother #Song #beliefs #laws #community #animals #sleep #Christian #Friday #movies #media #TheTruth #DonaldTrump #advice #faith #sex #parents #evidence #belief #coffee ...

Members 1,995Top

Moderators